Chapter 18

(Dream POV)

"So how do we shear a sheep without actually killing it?" I asked, curious to how they're able to even take the wool off.

"We use what we call shears." Skeppy explained, showing me a sharp object as he pets one of the sheep. "You take this and they you slowly cut the wool off the sheep, not too deep or you'll  cut them and it will hurt."

Slow but steady process, it was surprisingly easy to do as Skeppy made me tried it. Again, earning another compliment from the Alpha as being a fast learner.

I sheared a couple of sheep, good enough for me to carry back home as Skeppy watches me do that work. A couple minutes later, I gathered all the sheared wool, placing them down on the log near the meadows as I sat there looking at the place.

Skeppy told me about his time when he met Bad and how the two of them just wanted to live in a peaceful life with no rivalry against packs.

"My family's pack was just around the corner of Bad's pack." He said, "But both our parents were in a bad term with my father wanting to expand the territory and his father doing the same."

I sigh, knowing fully how the next part goes. Its pretty common for packs to fight over territorial spaces, which doesn't really makes sense in my opinion. Why live like that when you can go out, explore and live the life you wanted.

"That's why, when Bad agreed to be my mate, I was overjoyed and even more excited as he knew exactly how I feel and that he understands the situation isn't good at all." He says, "I got to admit, I might be a carefree person sometimes but as the alpha of the family I needed to be able to protect the person that I love."

I glanced as Skeppy, seeing his eyes sparkle as he smiles, heartfelt thinking about his own mate. It made me thought about George, how guilt still roams around my head about how I forced him to be my mate. It was never my intention to do so, but for some reason I couldn't hold myself back at that time, and all I wanted was to have him as mine.

"You and Bad sure have a complicated yet very well played start." I said, half chuckling as the thought.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that." He chuckles, "What about you and George? How did the two of you even meet?" He asks, obviously not knowing what most packs around the continent calls me.

Skeppy and Bad have been living here for years, meaning they isolated themselves away from the cruel reality, into this lovely paradise they call home.

"W-we did not really uhm..." I paused, not knowing what to say in this situation. Should I even tell Skeppy? What if he suddenly tells Bad about it, will they hate me?

"What's wrong Dream? If it's a terrible beginning then it's alright, people make mistakes and I completely understand if you don't wanna talk about it." Skeppy said as he taps my shoulder,  standing by my side.

I huffed in frustration, clearing my head out as I spoke, " I forced him to be my mate the night I first saw him."

Skeppy stood there a shocked expression in his face as he glanced at me. "You what?"

"It's a long story, but I was just uhm."

"Why would you do that!?" Skeppy growled.

"Look it was, I was out there as a lone wolf and then his brothers accidentally got out of their pack and I went to approach them,  but they attacked me first so I fought back and then George came and he basically told me to spare their lives in exchange for him coming with me I-I didn't really planned on doing such thing but when I-"

"Hold on hold on hold on, so you were just passing by is that it?" Skeppy tries to clarify.

"Something like that, but then well I guess you could say it was love at first sight?" I said, feeling a bit of shame as I said that word.

"Why didn't you just I don't know talk to his pack or something and also did George forgive you or does he still feel threatened and scared to be with you?"

"I-I tried to talk to his brothers but they just wouldn't listen." I mumbled the last part, looking away from Skeppy's frowned face. "And honestly he said he forgave me, but I still feel like deep down I could have done something more. I just don't know what to do." I sigh.

"But it was your decision that you wanted him right? You do want him for sure right?" Skeppy asked.

"Of course man, I do want George and I've already fallen deeply in love with him." I said, with a serious tone on my voice.

Skeppy looked at me in the eyes, scanning every possibility of me lying unto my face but there wasn't. I am dead serious of what I said. He sighs smiling as he says, "Well you are telling the truth so that's okay."

I smiled back at him, the two of us glanced towards a direction seeing the two omega coming over. Bad and George came over to tell us they caught some salmon by the river. I chuckled, seeing how excited my mate is as he never tried fish before.

Skeppy scolded Bad for touching his manly stuff aka the tools he created, making their lives twice as easy in human form. He invented a few useful materials example is the basket trap he told me, in order for them to catch fish without shifting and getting themselves wet.

"Look Dream it's huge!" George exclaimed, tugging my shoulder to take a look at the fish, lying on the table, by now the two omegas dragged us to the den.

I chuckled, "Yeah it is."

"We could make this into a soup with the veggies I gathered earlier." Skeppy suggested, Bad nod in response.

"I can help start the fire." I said, Skeppy replying saying that I can.

Bad and George went to prepare the vegetables, the other omega teaching George everything he has to know about these things while Skeppy started slicing the salmon.

The four of us ate as the two omegas keep talking to each other, Skeppy and I just watching our mates as we tend to just listen to their conversation, butting in once in a while on whatever they talk about.

Soon later on Bad offered us to stay for the night, I was about to refuse when George begged me to do so. "Please Dream just for today? We could go home tomorrow morning." He asked with pleading eyes.

I couldn't help but blush lightly as my mate looked so cute, I sigh in defeat as I nod in response his eyes glowing in excitement.