Pokémon Emergency!

Ari frantically rushed through Viridian City towards the Pokémon Center.
She caught a police officer making an announcement in the street. "Attention, citizens of Viridian City! We have reports of possible Pokémon thieves in our area! Be on the lookout for suspicious strangers- where do you think you're going with that Pokémon, young lady?"
Ari's heart stopped. The officer was talking to her.
Ari rounded on the officer as soon as the woman approached. "Excuse me, but this is my Pokémon, and she's hurt. I've got to get her to the Pokémon Center, so I really don't have time for a chat."
The officer pursed her lips, though her glare softened. "I thought you might be stealing it."
"I would never steal a Pokémon!" Ari said. "Please, miss, my Eevee really needs help."
The officer wavered. "I guess I can help you get that Pokémon to Nurse Joy."
Ari sighed in relief. "Thank you, officer..."
"Jenny. Officer Jenny." Jenny patted the seat of her bike. "Hop on and hold tight."
Ari mounted the bike, holding Eevee firmly, before Jenny took off, leaving a cloud of dust behind.

The Pokémon Center came into view.
"There it is," Officer Jenny confirmed.
Ari was in awe. "It's massive."
Jenny stopped outside. Thanking her, Ari ran inside. She hardly noticed anything other than the nurse behind the counter where she deposited Eevee.
"Please, you need to help my Eevee!"
The nurse inspected Eevee. "We'll do what we can. I need a stretcher for a small Pokémon, stat!" She shouted behind her. Two round, pink Pokémon wearing nursing caps answered the call.
Chansey, the Egg Pokémon, said the Pokédex. A Normal-type. It is a gentle and kind-hearted Pokémon that takes care of the injured.
"It'll be ok," Nurse Joy assured Ari. "Rush this Pokémon to the critical care unit."
"Chansey, Chansey!" Cried the Egg Pokémon, before they took Eevee away.
"We'll begin the treatment right away," said the nurse.
"Thank you," Ari said. "Is there anything I can do?"
Nurse Joy frowned. "You could be more responsible. A Pokémon shouldn't Battle if it's already in bad shape."
Ari stopped herself from retorting, and instead hung her head. "I... I didn't mean for Eevee to get hurt."
"I'm sure you didn't. Just be more careful next time. I assure you that Eevee will make a full recovery. You can go to the waiting room."

Time passed, but Eevee was still in care, so Ari called her mother with the Pokémon Center videophone.
It was an agonising minute before Sunni picked up. She was dressed in her uniform, her dark hair unkempt. The tiredness faded from the her eyes when she saw Ari.
"Ari," she greeted. "Is everything ok? Where are you?"
"The Pokémon Center in Viridian City." Ari didn't bother asking her mother the same question. The answer was probably 'classified'.
"You're already in Viridian City? It took your dad days to get there during his journey. He'll be so proud. You're the apple of his eye."
"A rotten apple," Ari sulked.
"Don't start talking like that," Sunni said. "Ari, you can do anything you set your mind to, understand?"
"Yes, mama."
"Stay safe, honey. Call me if you can. I always have time for you. Love you."
"Love you too, mama "
The call ended.
Ari contacted Delia and Professor Oak as well, assuring them that she and Eevee had reached Viridian City. She had barely finished talking to Oak when a shadow appeared behind her.

"Now I've got you!" A familiar voice screamed.
Ari's stomach dropped. It was Misty. Her fists were clenched and her expression livid. Ari expected Misty to hit her. Misty had dragged her crushed bike into the Pokémon Center; Ari had ditched it when she realised it was in no condition to ride.
Play dumb, Ari thought. "What happened to your bike?"
"YOU HAPPENED!" Exploded Misty. "You are going to repay me, or I swear-"
Ari's blood boiled. "You'll what? Listen, I'd take you on here and now, only I have far bigger problems to be dealing with!"
Misty paused. "Where's your Eevee?"
Her anxiety rising, Ari's eyes flickered towards the door Eevee had vanished through. That seemed to tell Misty all she needed to hear.
"No wonder Eevee's in a such bad shape, with such a reckless Trainer," Misty concluded.
"Reckless?" Ari repeated. She opened her mouth to retort, then realised she had no worthy argument. Perhaps she was so rattled because of how Eevee's condition reflected on her attitude as a Trainer.
To Ari's surprise, Misty promptly sat next to her. Although Misty did not offer any comfort, she refrained from chewing Ari's ear off.