Sparks Fly for Magnemite

After respectable, colourful settlements like Celadon, Scissor Street, and Carnelian, Gringey City seemed wrong, like a taint on the landscape, a blemish on fair skin. A choking smog obscured lurked over the waterfront, spewed from towers that surveyed everything watchfully.
"This is weird," Ari said. "Lots of factories... but no people."
"Vee-veh," Eevee agreed.
"I heard this used to a be a lively, busy place, with all these factories," Misty lamented.
"Pollution ruined the air and water," said Brock.
"I guess we won't find any Pokémon here," Ari said. She noticed Eevee was no longer perched upon her head. She sighted the Evolution Pokémon, lying sickly on the ground. Ari rushed to scoop Eevee up. Her Pokémon had been severely Poisoned.

Ari, Misty, and Brock burst into Gringey City's Pokémon Center.
"Hold on, Eevee!" Ari urged. Eevee's eyes fluttered weakly.
Unbeknownst to Ari, her group was being observed through a periscope peeking out from the sewers by Meowth's beady eyes. He had clearly never heard that curiousity killed the cat - if stalking can be classed as 'curiousity'.
Meowth announced, "They're on their way to the Pokémon Center!"
It was time to put their plan into action. As dictated by Team Rocket code, that required a motto.
"To protect the world from devestation," Jessie said.
"To unite all people within our nation," followed James, looking like he wanted to gag. "I can't take it anymore! This place stinks!"
Jessie coughed. "Disgusting!"
"Just put on these suits," Meowth said.
Jessie and James pulled on the suits as instructed. Their lungs took in the fresh air of springtime; it was like being born again!
"These things pump in a mixture of oxygen and air freshener," Meowth explained.
"Why didn't you mention these suits before, Meowth?" James asked.
"We could've choked!" Jessie argued.
"Quit complaining!" Said Meowth. "This is my ingenious scheme, and we're doing it. Now, get in the pipe and swim to the Pokémon Center! We're wasting time here!"
"I'm not going in there!" Jessie said.
"I want to get Eevee as much as you do, but this is humiliating," James added defensively.
"We won't go through with this, Meowth." Jessie's words had an unmistakable finality. "You'll have to do this alone. I'm sorry if this shocks you."
"So am I." Resignedly, Meowth pushed a button that prompted the suits to give their wearers a mild electric shock.
"I knew you'd see things my way."
Unwillingly, Jessie and James proceeded through the sewers.
"You'll pay for this, Meowth," vowed Jessie.
James had some serious questions for the universe. "Why do we always get the dirty work?"

Nurse Joy stifled a yawn. "Don't you know you should be sleeping now?"
"I'm sorry, but there's something really wrong with my Eevee. I think she's Poisoned, but I've never seen Poison so bad."
Joy observed Eevee with a detached expression. "Looks like it was hit by another Pokémon's Toxic. Or it has a cold."
Ari slammed her hands down. "This is no cold! Your sisters and cousins were a lot more helpful!"
"I'll give it some Antidote, and if you leave it here overnight, I'm sure it'll be fine in the morning."
Ari handed Eevee over to Joy and Chansey, wondering just what kind of Pokémon had attacked Eevee.

Outside, in the polluted waters, monsters of congealed purple sludge rose from the water. They inched towards a water entrance and pulled themselves up using adherent, disfigured hands, each with three slimy fingers. The entrance was completely clogged as the numerous Pokémon swarmed it.
Unfortunately, that entrance happened to be the water intake valve for the hydroelectric power plant that supplied Gringey City's electricity. With the Pokémon blocking the water intake, the generators lost power.
Meanwhile, in the sewers (which is not a sentence anybody wants to be the subject of), Meowth's generator consequently shut down.
"The power supply just went down! If the pump stops working, there's no air... they won't like that," he said.
Jessie and James couldn't fail to notice their dwindling supply of oxygen and lavender air freshener.
Jessie clutched her throat. "My air supply!"
Clearly, a born actress.
The power outage also disrupted the Pokémon Center's intensive care unit.
"If we don't get the power back soon..." Nurse Joy couldn't bare to finish her sentence.
"Don't just stand there - we have to save them!" Ari barked.
"Joy, please do something," Misty said.
As Nurse Joy's melancholic eyes swept over her frail Pokémon patients. "I don't know what to do."
Brock grabbed her arm reassuringly. "There's got to be something we can do to help."
"This city is powered by a hydroelectric plant," Joy said slowly.
"Let's go!" Ari immediately made to leave. Eevee reached out to her Trainer, begging to come with her. "You need to rest, Eevee. We'll be back when the power's on again."