The Water Flowers of Cerulean City

Misty didn't want to return to Cerulean City. She certainly didn't want Ari to get her unworthy hands on that Gym Badge.
Reluctantly, she followed Ari and Brock through the streets. She shuddered at the familiar scents of the rivers and nearby sea. Any nostalgia was snuffed out by the humiliating memories.
Misty knew Ari was going to make a straight path for Cerulean Gym... or the novice Trainer would've, if she knew where it was. Misty found an odd comfort in witholding information from Ari.
Yet Misty knew her denial was temporary. She hoped Brock would understand some of her stress. Yet Brock was whisked off his feet by the apparent 'charms' of the local Officer Jenny, insisting on assisting her despite the rejection. Misty hadn't seen Brock as a such a romantic, but the more she got to know him, the more she realised how much of a facade his serious attitude had been.
Being forced to conceal the parts of yourself unbefitting of your duty - Misty could understand that all too well. Perhaps Brock could've offered some comfort, but he was caught up indulging in unrequited love. Misty would have only herself to rely on, because the day she learnt from Ari would be a dark one.
Misty racked her brains for an excuse, but every argument was flawed. Convincing Ari to challenge the Vermillion City Gym instead? They were already in Cerulean. Not even Ari would fall for that.
"There it is!" Ari exclaimed.
Misty's stomach dropped when she saw the dome-shaped Cerulean Gym .
Ari shoved the door open.
Misty used her only remaining option; lingering in the foyer, hoping Ari wouldn't miss her.

An anouncement greeted Ari and Eevee. "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the stars of our show, The Sensational Cerulean City Synchronised Swimming Sisters!"
"Huh?" Ari joined the crowd around the swimming pool.
Three alluring, bubbly girls waved from the height of a tall diving board. The rightmost sister wore an apricot orange dress and had flamboyant pink her. The middle sister's hair was volumous and cobalt blue, flowing over her spring green dress. The final sister flaunted her golden locks and salsa red dress with confidence and grace. The onlookers cheered as the girls waved down. Ari couldn't help but think there was something familar about the sister's delicate builds.
"I'm Violet," said the middle girl. "This is Daisy-," the blonde winked, "-and Lily-," the remaining sister flipped her hair, "-and we hope you enjoy the show!"
The girls dived. Once they entered the water, they danced with a Dewgong's grace. Their synchronised dancing must have required much meticulous planning and practice. They enhanced their performance with Pokémon. Goldeen twirled like ballerinas, Horsea swished their tails, and Shellder sprayed jets of sparkling water. The reverential audience gasped and clapped.
"I thought this was the Pokémon Gym, Eevee," Ari griped.
Eevee was completely captivated.
The Sensational Sisters concluded the act with a spellbinding finale.

The exhuberant crowd gradually shrank, until Ari and Eevee were alone with the sisters.
"The crowd was totally awesome!" Said Violet
"The practice really payed off," agreed Daisy
Ari interupted. "Excuse me."
Lily wasn't impressed by her. "If you want an interview, speak to our manager.
"Do I look like a reporter?"
"We don't do autographs."
"I don't want one. All I want to know is if this is the Pokémon Gym!"
Violet smiled. "This is the Pokémon Gym."
"I'm looking for the Gym Leader."
Daisy laughed. "The three of us are the Gym Leaders here."
Ari hadn't seen that coming. "Then what was with all the swimming?"
Lily said, "It's our hobby. We have a lot of fans who love to watch us perform."
Ari let her temper get the better of her. "Nobody stayed to watch you Battle. Are you even any good?"
"We don't much feel like battling. We just got beaten three times, one defeat after another, by rookies from this drab, nowhere place called Pallet Town," said Violet.
"That's where I'm from!" Ari had a bone to pick with the sisters.
"We had to rush all our Pokémon to the Pokémon Center," Daisy explained.
"This the only one left." Lily half-heartedly dropped a Poké Ball. The Goldeen that emerged flopped pathetically.
"So there's no point in Battling," Daisy said. "But I know you want what you came for." She clapped twice. A Seel emerged from the water and opened its mouth, a blue Gym Badge balanced on its tongue. "A Cascade Badge."
"I don't want some hand-out Badge," Ari said. "I want to earn it."
"A Badge is a Badge. Take it."