Clefairy and the Moon Stone

Ari, Brock, and Misty reached Mount Moon several days after leaving Pewter City.
Brock admired the mountain's majestic skyline. "It's said a huge meteor, called the Moon Stone, crashed here a long time ago."
They heard a nearby scream.
"Someone needs help!" Ari ran in the direction of the noise, followed by her friends.
They found a man in glasses and a lab coat being harrassed by a horde of Pokémon at Mount Moon's entrance. Ari identifed the species with her Pokédex. Zubat, the Bat Pokémon. A Posion- and Flying-type. It is blind, and sees using supersonic powers.
"Eevee, use Swift!" Ari shouted.
Eevee drove the Zubat away with a volley of stars.
"Are you ok?" Misty asked the man.
He nodded. "You guys are the greatest."
Ari blushed. "It was nothing."
"That was the best rescue I've ever had!" He continued. "I thought I was done for, but you heroes saved me. I'M ALIVE! Thank you, so much!"
"I think he's grateful," commented Misty.
"Why were the Zubat attacking you, mister?" Ari asked.
"Call me Seymour," he insisted. "Seymour the scientist. I can show you why the Zubat attacked."

Further into the mountain, they found bright lights had been installed, contrasting the surrounding rocky enviroment.
"See? The cave is all lit up inside. Somebody has strung these lights throughout the entire cave. The Pokémon here are adapted to the dark. The lights are upsetting them. The Paras are confused and planting their mushrooms everywhere, and these Sandshrew are being dried up by the hot lights," Seymour explained. "I'm here to patrol the mountain aginst the troublemaker's attacks against it."
"Troublemakers? Why attack the cave?" Questioned Misty.
"I'm afraid it's because of the Moon Stone; the meteor lies deep within these caves, though no explorer has ever found it. It's fragments have the power to Evolve certain Pokémon. I fear troublemakers have come to take the Moon Stone."
Ari slapped her hands together. "I won't let that happen."
"I believe Pokémon came from outer space," Seymour said abruptly. "The Moon Stone must be the spacecraft that brought them here. It belongs to Pokémon. Humans must not take it from them!"

A small, pink Pokémon wandered past, holding a rock.
"That looks like a Clefairy!" Exclaimed Brock.
Misty adored the Pokémon. "It's so cute!"
"Clefairy?" Ari analyzed Clefairy with the Pokédex. Clefairy, the Fairy Pokémon. A Fairy-type. This impish Pokémon is friendly, peaceful, and shy.
Eevee approached Clefairy. The two Pokémon happily greeted each other.
"They're friends already." Ari drew a Pokéball. "I have to Catch it!"
Seymour grabbed her arm. "It's best if you just let it stay here."
A familiar Pokémon dropped from the ceiling, trapping Eevee and Clefairy in a metal cage. The culprit was Team Rocket's Meowth, and his teammates soon revealed themselves.
"To protect the world from devestation," Jessie said.
"To unite all peoples within our nation!" James declared.
"To denounce the evils of truth and-,"
Jessie was interupted by Seymour's distressed cry. "Let Clefairy go, troublemakers!"
Jessie was infuriated. "You didn't let me finish, you overgrown schoolboy!"
"I'm sure you'd get tired of saying the same things over and over again," Ari dismissed.
"You're just jealous because we'll never let you join us," said James.
"I'd never join you. They're Team Rocket, no-good Pokémon thieves," Ari warned Brock and Seymour.
"You put the lights in this cave. It's your fault the Pokémon in here are confused!" Accused Brock.
"How will we ever forgive ourselves?" James wondered sarcastically.
"We wanna get our hands on the Moon Stone!" Meowth said.
"When we're all powered up, we'll be unstoppable," Jessie boasted.
"Snatching Eevee and this rare Clefairy is an added bonus." James tapped the cage containing the captives.
Eevee stood protectively between James and Clefairy. Instead of panicing, Clefairy waved her hand, which began to glow.
"Clefairy's using Metronone," indentified Brock. "That allows it to randomly use almost any other Move!"
The result of Metronome was Explosion, creating a blast that sent everybody flying.

Ari was awakened by Eevee licking her face. She realisied she wasn't in the same section of Mount Moon. The tunnel around her was enclosed and littered with rubble.
Clefairy's Explosion had destroyed more than just the cage. Clefairy and Eevee were Ari's only company. There was no sign of Misty, Brock, Seymour, or even Team Rocket. The Explosion had seperated them.
"This is just perfect," Ari complained. Clefairy took the remark to heart, tearing up. "I don't blame you," Ari said hurridly. "You saved Eevee. That must've took a lot of courage."
"Clef-fair!" Clefairy twirled around, pleased with herself. Eevee joined in the dancing. Ari laughed.
A nearby Sandshrew didn't appreciate the disturbance, aiming a Slash towards Clefairy. Eevee hit Sandshrew with Quick Attack. Sandshrew rolled away.
Clefairy thanked Eevee and Ari by giving each of them a loving hug.
"You've really taken a liking to us, haven't you?" Said Ari. She added, on a sudden inspiration, "How would you like to join our Journey?"
Clefairy considered, then nodded cheerfully.
With a gentle toss, Ari's Poké Ball drew Clefairy in. The Pokéball clicked to confirm the successful Catch.
Ari called Clefairy out. Clefairy's first action was to embrace Eevee, her new teammate.
"Good to have you on board, Clefairy," Ari said. "We need to find my friends. If we run into Team Rocket... all the worse for them, and the better for us."