The Song of Jigglypuff

Night's heaviness weighed down Ari's eyelids. "So where's that town you were talking about, Brock?"
"We've been walking for hours," Misty yawned.
"Chill out. It's got to be around here somewhere," Brock said, cradling his drowsy Vulpix. Brock seemed to be the only one truly awake - aside from Misty's Psyduck, although that Pokémon might as well have been sleepwalking, for all the difference it made.
True to Brock's world, they soon stumbled upon a grand city, masked by the surrounding towering trees. Every building glittered and shimmered like the stars brought down to earth.
Misty blinked rapidly. "It sure is bright."
"I knew it! This is Neon Town!" Brock said.
"Whoever named Kanto's towns was sleeping on the job," Ari said. Some thugs leered at her from a dark corner. They passed so close to the group that Ari collided with one man.
"Watch it, jerk!" He snarled.
"You're the one who bumped into me!" Said Ari.
"Oh, yeah?" The thug questioned.
"Break it up you two!" Officer Jenny materialised, blowing sharply on her whistle. "There's no fighting to see here!"
"This little runt's not worth it," the thug grumbled, slithering away with his mates.
"You kids shouldn't be walking the streets at night!" Officer Jenny told Ari, Misty, and Brock. "People around here are rather short tempered. They're on edge because they stay out all night. You kids should find a hotel and mind your own business."
Another disturbance erupted in the distance, whisking the irritated Jenny away.
"This Jenny weeks a little edgy, too," Misty observed.
"If the people here want to party until it pushes them over the edge, that their decision," Ari reasoned. "Why do we have to suffer for it?"

Refreshed from a few hours sleep (achieved only after sticking corks in here ears), Misty left the hotel to a surprising scene. "I don't believe it. Everybody in this town is already awake!"
"I wonder when they sleep," said Brock.
Thankfully, the woods were far quieter; Misty basked in the glorious silence. She could hear leaves rustling, twigs crunching, and the light hops of a round pink Pokémon as it clambered onto a stump.
"That's a Jigglypuff!" Misty recognised. "I've always wanted one!"
"I thought you only like Water-types," said Brock.
"But I like this one!" Misty whined. "And I'll Catch it! Starmie, go!"
To her dismay, the Poké Ball spat out Psyduck instead. She could have sworn-
Misty huffed, "Psyduck, return," and correctly summoned Starmie, whose spinning attack sent Jigglypuff tumbling into a tree. The Balloon Pokémon teared up. The Pokémon seemed to shake off the pain, and opened its mouth to sing.
"A Pokémon that sings? Ah, it's so cute!" Misty squealed. "Please, sing us a song!"
But Jigflypuff shut her mouth and solemnly shook her head.
Brock said, "I think it's saying that it can't sing."
"I'm so sorry I bothered you, little Jigglypuff," Misty apologised. "Why don't we see if we can help this little Jigglypuff to sing?"
Ari and Brock nodded.

Lurking from the bushes were Team Rocket, spying Ari, Misty, and Brock with their beady, greedy little eyes.
"A Jigglypuff's songs have the power to put people to sleep," Jessie recalled.
"Then I got a great idea!" Meowth said, a sentence which, believe it or not, he never meant ironically. "We get Jigglypuff to sing to everybody in Neon Town-,"
"-And grab anything and everything we want!" James chuckled.
"Finally, Team Rocket is about to enjoy the success we so richly deserve," Jessie said.
"Shh! Don't jinx it, Jessie!" James warned. "Wait, do you hear anything?" He picked up a series of angry sqeaks; some Rattata, seeing their territory invaded, chomped down hard on Team Rocket's ankles.
"No! Get away, get away!" James grabbed Jessie's hair and beat the Rattata back, but fell out of the foliage, followed by his comrades.
"What are those guys doing here?" Ari said, gearing up for a fight.
"Improvise! Improvise!" Meowth hissed like a leaking pipe.
James jumped to his feet, suddenly wearing sunglasses. "Pump it to the max!"
Meowth blasted music from speakers.
Jessie and James rapped, "You know it's us, Team Rocket, we're tired of our motto, so we thought we'd try a song!"
"Jessie!"
"James!"
"The speed of light, prepare to fight!" Both declared.
"Meowth, that's right!"
"I'm the handsome one!" James claimed.
Jessie puckered her lips. "I'm the gorgeous one!"
"Looking good is a lot of fun, we get some things wrong, but we keep rolling along!"
Meowth joined in for the grand finale. "We want to capture Eevee, we hope to do it soon, and when we do, we'll be the new stars of TV!"
"Oh, yes you will," Misty smirked. "I caught that whole debacle on camera."
"Did we steal any complimentary soap from the hotel? I need to wash out my eyes," Ari said.
"So, what's your crummy plan this time?" Misty asked.
"We need Jigglypuff to sing one of her little lullabies for us," Jessie said.
"Not on my watch." Ari launched a Poké Ball. "Bulbasaur, take care of them!"
"Get them, Weezing!" James ordered, sending his own Poison-type foward. Bulbasaur bound Weezing with Vine Whip, slamming Weezing into the ground.
Starmie sent Team Rocket flying with Water Gun, solving that problem easily.
"Now we can move on with our lives," Ari shrugged.