Chapter 14: Phase Two begins

The Mushroom cloud over Area 42 could be seen from miles away.
Even Armquist in his Command Bunker on the other side of this sector could see it.
He gave his soldiers new orders to leave Area 42 and 'regroup' as he calls it. But many soldiers and Officers asked the same question.

"Who did this?"

For Armquist, the answer was clear.

It was the same Communist Spy who defeated him in Santa Modesta.
The same Communist Spy who destroyed his Army group with those gigantic Commie Tripods.

He entered his office to gather his belongings only to be stopped as the screen to his right turned on.
And to his dismay, it was his 'superior' who called him. The same gasmask wearing creep from Rockwell. Silhouette.

The General faces the screen

S: "Armquist! You want to explain to me why our troops are abandoning Area 42?"

Right before the General could answer, Dib joined in. Standing right next to the Majestic Agent.

He looked like shit.

But what do you expect if you got blown to oblivion by an Alien superweapon?

D: "Wait... We are abandoning Area 42?!"

A: "They're not leaving, they're regrouping. Everything's... uh, under control."

S: "Really. So the Facility wasn't destroyed by one of our own nukes?"

Dib's eyes widen in shock.

D: "Wait what!!??"

A: "It's the commie spy from Santa Modesta. He got in somehow. Messed with one of our experiments. Dont worry. I'll catch him!"

General Armquist ment every word he said, but his 'superior' only raised an eyebrow under his mask.

All while Dib had a silent mental meltdown right next to him.
Area 42 was Dib's version of heaven. All the science, experiments and Alien technology... gone forever.

S: "That's what you said in Santa Modesta. Frankly, General, i'm beginning to question your resolve."

A: "Oh, i'm resolved, alright. That explosion was meant to take me out!"

S: "You're saying that this 'Communist Spy' has a personel vendetta against you?"

A: "Maybe you don't get the mindset we're up against-"

S: "No, no, General. I'm taking you very seriously. The president should hear this. Get back to Capitol City."

The General felt insulted. What does this creep think he is?