Chapter 4: Sushi and Root Beer

"Why am I surprised that they actually let us leave?" I asked Hoseok, once we were both in my car, since he had ridden with his parents. We had both changed into more comfortable clothes. Me in jeans, a t-shirt, and a lavender leather jacket, and him in jeans in a hoodie. And I had to admit, he really did look cute in it.

"I don't know," he told me. "I think that they were all three relieved that we actually wanted to spend some time together. I gave my parents Hell before we came here today, and from the sounds of it, you did the same to your father."

I laughed as I pulled out of the long driveway and onto the road. "Oh yeah. I did. I was pissed."

"And now?" he asked, a hopeful uptake at the end.

"And now...I'm not?" I laughed again.

He laughed with me and shook his head. "I'm not really upset about it anymore, either, Princess."

I stopped at a stop sign at the end of the street and turned to look at him. "Princess?"

He made a face at himself. "I'm sorry. That just kind of slipped out."

I cocked your head to the side and thought about it for a moment. "I don't hate it." I turned my eyes back to his and smiled. "Does that make you my prince? Are you going to bust out into a Disney song at any given time?"

"Ummm...No," he told me. "I can't sing."

"I find that hard to believe," I said as I finally started moving again.

"Why is that?"

"You have such a calm and beautiful speaking voice," I explained. "I bet you can sing and you just don't want me to ask you to do so."

He scrunched up his face and shook his head. "I definitely don't want you to ask that, Princess."

I smiled brightly at my new nickname. "I won't." I looked over at him pointedly. "For now. I'll keep that for later."

Hoseok groaned and covered his face with his hands. "Here and we were doing so well."

"If I ask you to sing, then you'll change your mind?"

Hoseok laughed and shook his head, making his soft, platinum locks bounce back and forth a little before settling back into place. "No. If you hear me, then you'll change yours."

I laughed at him as I pulled up in front of a building. "We're here."

Hoseok turned his head and looked at the building, then scoffed. "Here? Really? I tell you to take me to the best sushi place in town, and you bring me here?"

I giggled at him as I looked at the building. It basically just looked like a run-down Waffle House, but for sushi. It was even called 'Sushi House.'

"Yep," I said as I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned over the center console of my car to get my purse from the back seat. "Best place in town."

"How is that possible?" he asked me. "I don't think that I would trust a fortune cookie from this place to not give me food poisoning."

You rolled your eyes a little. "Hobi, honey, I don't know how it is in South Korea, but something to learn about the US? The little hole-in-the-wall places are almost always the best ones."

He looked skeptical. "Really?" He ran a finger over his chin for a moment. "How about if I make a deal with you?"

"What kind of deal?"

"I'll try your sushi place that looks like I need to call the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety on," he said with a chuckle.

"Hey!" I said as I swatted at his arm. "I'm going to assume that that's the South Korean equivalent of the Food and Drug Administration, and be very offended for my favorite restaurant."