Chapter 14: Rude

Needless to say...things with Yoongi went pretty well. Now it was two days later and we were waiting for Yoongi to return from the airport with some guy named Jimin. Apparently he was Hoseok's roommate back in Seoul. He said that he didn't really need one, but he got lonely and Jimin was fun to hang out with. This made me more nervous to meet Jimin than I even was to meet Yoongi, his best friend.

Hoseok could tell this just by looking at me. He walked over to where I was standing, looking out a window by the front door, and wrapped his arms around me from behind, resting his chin on my shoulder. I could feel your entire body relax against him and I took a deep breath.

"Calm down, Princess," he told me. "There is nothing to be worried about. Yoongi is the scary one. Jimin is like a little baby chick."

"I can't help it," I told him, leaning my head to the side and against his. "I feel like I'm working my way through an obstacle course, and at any moment, one of those obstacles could trip me up, and I'll lose everything."

"What on earth are you afraid of losing?" he asked me. His optimism could make him oblivious sometimes.

"You, you weirdo."

He pulled back and then turned me around in his arms to face him. "You're not going to lose me, Eloise. I'm not going anywhere. They would have to drag me away, kicking and screaming, to get me away from you."

I could see how sincere he was being, and he only called me 'Eloise' instead of 'Ellie' when he was being serious about something... but still, you couldn't help but giggle. "That was so cheesy, baby."

"Sorry, but it's the truth."

"Oh, I know," I told him. "I could see it in your eyes while you were talking. But it was still cheesy." I grabbed his face with both of my hands and pulled his mouth down until it was just an inch from mine and I could stare him straight in the eyes. "Good thing I like cheese. And you."

He laughed and closed the short distance to kiss me softly, smiling against my mouth as he often did.

When he pulled back, I examined him for a moment. "Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Do you wear contacts?" you asked him. That question had been burning in my mind since the moment I met him.

"I do, sometimes," he said. "Why?"

"I have never seen anybody's eyes be both brown and gray before," I told him. "So I figured that it was contacts, but the color is so pretty."

He laughed softly. "I don't actually need them to see properly."

"Must be nice," I muttered. We had both already discussed how annoying I found contacts, so I often just wore your glasses instead. Not annoying to have in, just all the upkeep and time that they took to get in and out. I have a constant issue with being on time as it is, and contacts didn't help that any. Glasses were so easy to slip on and off.

Honestly, it was the same reason that I don't really wear makeup often. I have insomnia, and it's difficult for me to fall asleep. It's usually 4 in the morning by the time that I do. So I'm not going to waste the precious sleep time that I do get, to wake up early to do my makeup or put my contacts in. This was all information that I had already shared with Hoseok, and he said that he preferred me without makeup, so that he could see my freckles.

"I wear glasses, too, sometimes," he told me. "They make me look smarter."

I rolled my eyes at him. "I don't understand why people would wear them if they didn't have to. You look plenty smart without them, baby. More like a big nerd."