Chapter 20: Potato

After we ate, my dad took Hoseok's parents to do some Christmas shopping, and I settled into the big chair in the main living room with Hoseok, while his friends scattered around us. I looked around at each man, and they were all staring back at me.

"Well," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Let the grilling begin."

"Grilling?" Jungkook asked. His face perked up. "Are we making more food?"

"No, JK. It means that you guys can start asking her all of your questions now," Hobi explained.

"So no grilling?" Jungkook asked, looking disappointed. "Damn. I was excited."

Everyone in the room laughed at him, and Taehyung rolled his eyes before looking at him.

"We just ate, JK," he told him.

Jungkook's adorable doe eyes went wide while he shrugged his broad shoulders. "So?"

Once again, everybody laughed. This wasn't going so bad. What were Hobi, Yoongi, and Jimin so worried about?

"Okay, okay," Namjoon said, holding up both of his hands to get everybody to calm down. If this group of guys had a leader, I was pretty sure that it was him. Which is weird, because Hobi said that he was younger than him, and I knew that both Jin and Yoongi were older than Hobi. So technically, in this group of guys, Joon is the middle child. I wonder how or why he takes charge. The whole dynamic of this group of seven men was completely fascinating to me. "Settle down. I know that we all have questions for her, so let's hear them." He turned his eyes to Seokjin. "Jin-Hyung, shall we start with the oldest?"

Jin looked like a deer in the headlights. "What? Why me?"

"Uhhh..." Namjoon said. He gave Jin a look like he was being silly. "Because I said the oldest, and you're the oldest."

"Fine." He looked over at me. "How old are you?"

"I'm 32," I told him.

"Oh. You're older than even me, and I'm the oldest," Jin said.

"You already know that, Hyung," Hobi told him. "I told all of you that."

"She doesn't look older than you, Jin," Tae told him. "You're starting to show it around the eyes, Hyung."

Jin picked up a pillow off the couch and threw it at him, hitting him right in the face.

"Do you mind that our Hoseok is 5 years younger than you?" This one came from Yoongi, ignoring the other guys.

"Yoongi," Hobi said, then sighed heavily. "You've been with her for over a week. You already know the answer to that."

Yoongi shrugged. "So? Nobody else does. I was asking for them."

I put my hand on Hoseok's arm. "Hobi, it's okay. I don't mind. They can ask me whatever they want to."

"But he-" he started, pointing at Yoongi.

"Even Yoongi," I told him, then I leaned over and kissed him, right in front of everybody. "Relax, baby."

When I pulled back from him and looked around the room, all of their eyes were on me. "What?" Their eyes moved to Hobi, then back to me. "Okay, ya'll are making me nervous now. Can we get back to the questions?"

"Do you have a job?" This came from Namjoon.

"Yes, I do," I said. "I'm an art teacher." That got a nod of approval from them.

"I have nothing to ask," Jimin said. "I've been with her for a week. I'm good."

I smiled at him. "Thank you, Jiminie." He smiled at me.