Chapter 23: I'm Coming to Get My Girl

I left the resort and made my way back into town to find some food and most importantly: alcohol. After acquiring both, I went back, ate the food, then I bundled up and sat out on the balcony drinking a bottle of wine. Roscato. My favorite. I kept rereading Yoongi's message. Then I made the stupid mistake of reading all of the messages that I had received from BTS since they left my father's house. That was a stupid decision.

BabyKookie: Ellie, we're all so very sorry for what happened. You weren't supposed to hear any of that. We didn't mean it that way. We all like you a lot.

TaeTae: Ellie, please don't blame any of this on Hobi. This is on us. He loves you.

Jiminie: I am so sorry that you had to hear all of that, Ellie. I want you to know that I don't agree with it. I thought it was a funny bet to start with, but not after I got to know you, Noona. I'm really sorry. Please call him.

JinJinJinJinJinJinJin: Hi. It's Jin. I got your number from Jimin. I hope that's okay. I just want to ask you to please call him, Ellie. I'm worried about him. He's scaring me.

Joonie: I truly wish that you hadn't heard that, Ellie. I wish we had never made that bet. Because of us, our brother is in so much pain that he can't even crawl out of bed. Or eat. All he's done for almost 3 days is stare at the ceiling. He loves you, Ellie. When we made that bet, we had no idea who you were or anything about you. You far surpassed any of our expectations. Hobi loves you, Ellie. And I could see in your eyes that you love him, too. It seems like such a waste to let all of that love go, doesn't it? Please think about it.

They all basically said the same thing. Call him, blah, blah, blah. He loves you, blah, blah, blah. Forgive him, blah, blah, blah.

Did they think that I didn't want to talk to him? I wanted so badly to hear him out and forgive him. But I don't trust him. Hell, I don't trust myself around him. All I would want to do is hug and kiss and touch him. So I can't do that.

But I guess that I could text him. Just to let him know that I'm okay. Maybe then he would eat? At the least, I could read his messages. All 47 of them.

MyHope: Ellie.

MyHope: Ellie, please.

MyHope: Gongjunim. I am so sorry.

MyHope: You have no idea. I am sorry that I made that bet.

MyHope: I'm sorry that I kept it from you once I realized that I really did love you. I should have told you right away.

MyHope: I'm sorry that I disappointed you.

MyHope: I'm sorry that I hurt you.

MyHope: I'm so sorry.

MyHope: I love you, Eloise. I do. I love you so much.

MyHope: I love you with all my heart.

MyHope: I want to marry you, Ellie.

MyHope: Please talk to me.

MyHope: I don't want to go through life without you, Ellie.

MyHope: That didn't sound right. I didn't mean that I would hurt myself. I wouldn't do that to my parents, my brothers, or to you.

MyHope: I'm just saying that I want you in my life. I don't want anybody else. I want to go through this life with you.