Ch-23

-Francine-

   Me, Joey and Chandler enter Central Perk to see Monica her boyfriend Bobby and Phoebe while Rachel is working.

Chandler: Hey.

Fran, Joey: Hey.

Monia: Hey.

Phoebe: Hey.

Chandler: Guess who's back in show business.

Phoebe: Oh, oh Lorne Green?.

Chandler: No, no Pheebs. You know why?. Cause he's dead.

Phoebe: Oh no.

Fran: Ok I guess this is gonna seem kinda bittersweet now but...Joey that's who.

Joey: Yeah my agent just called me with an audition for Days of Our Lives!.

Phoebe: Oh well we have to celebrate. You know what we should do?. We should do like a soap opera theme.

Chandler: Hey yeah...we could all sleep together and then one of us could get amnesia.

I laugh at Chandler's comment as I look thru some mail I just got from the mail box.

Phoebe: Hey Rach what time do you get off?. We're all gonna do something tonight.

Rachel: Um....well actually I'm already done but I-I kinda got plans.

Monica: "Gasps". You have other friends?.

Rachel: Yeah...I uh...I have a-I have a date.

Monica: What?.

Joey: With a man?.

Rachel: What?. What is so strange about me having a date?.

Joey: What about Ross?. I mean are you still mad at him cause he made that list about you?.

Rachel: No, no I'm not mad at him. I'm...I'm not really anything at him anymore.

Fran: What are you talking about?.

Rachel: I don't know. Whatever I was feeling I'm...not.

Phoebe: But you guys came so close.

Rachel: Oh I know I'm sorry you guys. You're just gonna have to get used to the fact that I will not be dating Ross.

    Someone enters Central Perk and I look over to see a guy that looks like Ross except for his chin and his hair.

Rachel: Here he is. Hi. Guys this is Russ.

Russ: "Sounding like Ross". Hi.

   I look to see one of the envelopes I've been waiting for has arrived from the apartment building owner and I get up knowing I have to meet with Mr. Treeger. One of our maintenance guys.

Fran: I'm sorry guys I have to go. I have a-an appointment. 

   I leave before anyone can say anything and I go to Treeger's office to meet with him. I knock on the door and he answers it and sees me.

Treeger: Miss. Tribbiani?.

Fran: Yes. I got a letter stating to come here today.

Treeger: Oh yes uh. I'll show you to the apartment.

Treeger leads me to an upstairs apartment that has recently opened up.

Treeger: The owner of this building said that you may have the apartment remolded.

We go into the apartment and look around. I smile at Treeger as we get ready to leave.

Fran: Mr. Treeger. I will take it.