Chapter 12 - Karen

Hey babies <3 Missed u guys.

Leo's Pov :)

THE NEXT DAY

I pulled out of the parking spot and opened the roof. Me and Belle hadn't stayed long in the diner yesterday mostly because we got kicked out.

But this morning I texted her saying I'd pick her up to come meet my cat.

She hadn't stopped talking about it since she got in the car, going on and on about how much-

"I hate you! You are the worst. Literal worst" I tried to hide my smile, purely being scared of what she'd do if she knew I found this amusing.

But it was funny, If I'd known she would go to my house more often if I had a cat... I would've mentioned this days ago. I held out my hand for hers to link through, I was worried for a second she wouldn't.

A little hesitation and she quickly laced her hand through mine. I settled them on her knee. It was probably dangerous driving with one only hand.

But I didn't really care. Totally worth it.

I kept my eyes on the road as she rambled  and muttered to herself, let's hope she would forget all this when she saw the previously mentioned cat.

I had gotten her a couple years ago at some event my dad had, it was the third one his business had hosted so I was obligated to go.

They weren't even big in New York yet so they took any measly little event they could get. So naturally... when a small pet shelter asks your business to fund an adoption fair, you say yes.

I had attended with Kaylee because of our dad's being set on us being the 'legacy' or whatever. Kaylee was fun, she could dance, she was pretty... But there was no... spark?

Cliche? Maybe... Do I care? Nope!

I liked going to things with Belle, And I'd like to continue going to things with Belle. At least as long as she'll let me. She seemed pretty set on this whole fake word.

Oh yeah our sexual tension is practically non existent, huh Belle? You'd swear our whole eye contact situation is fictional.

I hadn't even noticed we had reached the house. I turned off the radio and looked over at her, and of course. She was asleep. Beth had mentioned she liked her sleep.

That girl talked herself to exhaustion. Fucking delightful.

I slowly removed my hand from hers and she slightly murmured, but not a sign of waking up.

I could be a gentleman... Pick her up, lay her on the coach, drape a blanket on her? Possibly leave on some rain sounds on in the background. But I preferred to mess with her.

Getting her all riled up was so much hotter.

So I did the same trick as I did at the beach. I leaned over to her seat and brought my hand to her nose. Her chest was rising and falling slowly, just like last time.

Her face was so close to mine, I could kiss her right now.

I lightly pinched on her nose and those pretty eyes shot open.

I tried to contain a laugh as I saw her mentally search her brain for how to kill a 6'1 footballer guy who was twice her size. But Belle was tall enough, I never asked what exact height she was but she wasn't short.

She was still shorter than me, a good bit shorter. Perfect size actually.

"One of these days, I will murder you Maxwell. For today, cat is priority. But next time... you better watch your back" I swear I tried to contain a laugh but I just couldn't help it.