one

Before we begin I want to address that all characters are played by the actors from the movies just for physical appearance and description later on in the book.

And Cora's character is played by Elizabeth Olsen's character Wanda Maximoff from the MCU but obviously without the Scarlett Witch's powers.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Standing at the train station, having to say goodbye to her mother didn't feel right to Cora.

Eventhough she was 13, and thought to be of the age when she could keep her emotions in check, she let the tears run freely down her cheeks.

Her mother wrapped her arms around her daughter and kissed her temple multiple times until Peter; her mother's friend's son started to gently pull her away and onto the train.

The moment the doors shut each of the five children all stuck their arms out the carriage window and waved towards their mothers. Cora was the first to leave the window and take a seat, however Lucy; the youngest of the pevencie siblings was the last.

She sat down, curled up into Peter's side across from Cora.

Both Edmund and Susan sat across from eachother on the other end of the carriage.

Both Susan and Cora occupied themselves with a book for the journey. Edmund just stared out of the window, Lucy stayed curled up into Peter's side and Peter himself just stared at the floor.

•••

All five of them piled off the train and waited on the platform they were the last lot of children to be collected. They heard a car in the distance heading their way so they all rushed down to stand at the edge of the stoney road but let out smill sighs as it drove right past them.

"The professor knew were were coming" Susn looked at Cora as she spoke the truth.

"Perhaps we've been incorretly labelled" everyone turned to look at Edmund with an annoyed expression. Cora shook her head disapprovingly at the boy, watching his head drop "We might just have to wait" with the wierd coincidence they all turned their heads at the sound of a horse and cart.

The woman controlling the cart stopped it infront of the five, Peter looked up at her "Mrs. Macredey?"

"I'm afraid so...is this it then? Haven't you brought anything else?"

"No ma'am...it's just us"

The woman turned to look at Cora before nodding her head "Small favours" she slightly nodded her head towards the back of her cart.

Peter helped everyone on and climbed on himself.

Mrs.Macredey started the not so long journey to the house where they were all to be staying.

When they arrived they all looked up at the massive house before their eyes returned back to Mrs.Macredey as she started to talk "Professor Kurk is not accustomed to having children in this house"

They followed the women into the house "And as such there are a few rules we need to follow" she turned to look at all of them "There will be no shout'n or runn'n no improper use of the dump waiter NO touch'n of the historical artifacts!"

Susan pulled her curious hand away and the two boys silently laughed at eachother.

"And above all there shall be no distub'n of the professor"

The woman left the staircase and the five children followed her.

•••

"German aircraft carried out a number of attacks on Britain last night afraid that after several hours-"

Peter quickly turned his head when Cora turned off the radio.
Her, Susan and Peter went over to a sniffling Lucy and leant on her bed.

"The sheets feel scratchy"

"Wars don't last forever Lucy" Susan smiled down at her little sister, holding onto the far post of the bed "We'll be home soon" both her and Cora smiled at eachother before both turning back to Lucy.

Edmund walked into the room dressed in his night clothes "Yea If home's still there"

Cora sighed and turned to look at one of the youngest "Isn't it time you were in bed?"

"Yes mom!"

Peter turned to look at his brother with a look of annoyance plastered across his face "Ed!" The younger boy dramatically sighed and sunk into himself. But Peter kept talking, directing his gaze to Lucy "You saw outside this place is huge, we can do whatever we want here tomorrow's going to be great... really"

Lucy smiled a cute, little smile and went off to sleep. The others shortly doing the same.

The next morning Lucy sat staring out of the window, watching the thunderstorm take place. Peter, Cora, and Susan were all playing a game called guess the meaning of the word.
Susan looked up from the huge dictionary "Gastrovascular come on Peter, gastrovascular"

Peter turned to look at his sister as Edmund fiddled with the underneath of an old chair "Is it Latin?"

Cora glanced over Susan's shoulder with a small smile "Yes"

Edmund sat up with a smugg expression "Is it Latin for worst game ever invented?" Both of the boys shared a chuckle, Cora rolled her eyes and Susan slammed shut the book, placing it on the table. Lucy came over to the group and stood infront of her older brother with an adorable smile across her face "We could play hide and seek"

Peter glanced at Cora as he said the following words "But we're already having so much fun" the girl rolled her eyes again and shook her head. Lucy pulled on Peter's arm "Come on Peter pleasee! Pretty please?" She put on her little puppy dog eyes and pouted at him.

A grin made it's way onto the boy's face "1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8"

Edmund twisted his face in annoyance "What!?"

The other four all made their way to find hiding spots, both Cora and Lucy agreed to work and stay together.

"9..10..11"

Peter kept counting as everyone ran off to hide. Lucy and Cora were about to hide when Edmund pushed his way between the girls and into their found hiding spot "I was here first!". The eldest of the three led Lucy away to another room.

The room just so happened to have a weirdly large wardrobe standing towards the back of the room. Both Cora and Lucy climbed into it and slowly shut the doors hearing Peter still counting "23..24..25..26...."

They both kep backing up within the wardrobe just to be safe. They thought they reached the back of the wardrobe when they bith tumbled over, Cora landing on her back and Lucy landing ontop of Cora.

They started to laugh as they got up but realised they weren't in a wardrobe anymore.