twenty eight

"You will not be harmed" and "Surrender your wepons" were told to the surviving Telmarines who the Narnians wanted to help.

Lucy put her small dagger back in her holster and smiled as she watched her siblings and Caspian make their way onto the shore.

The five dropped to kneel for Aslan and stayed like that until the lion spoke "Rise, kings and queens of Narnia" Cora smiled as she noticed Caspian was still kneeling.

"All of you"

Caspian looked up at the lion "I do not think I am ready"

"It's for that very reason I know you are"

Caspian listened to the lion and slowly rose to stand inbetween Edmund and Cora.

The five turned slightly and looked down to the sound of bagpipes playing a soft tune, Cora slowly stepped out of the way of the mice with a small smile. Five small mice walked through the gap Cora made for them holding a small stretcher with Reepicheep lying ontop of it.

Two mice gently set the stretcher down whilst the other three continued to play the bagpipes. Lucy rushed to kneel beside the mouse and drop a small amount of the fire flower juice into Reep's mouth.

The girl rose to her feet and stepped back to stand beside Aslan as Reepicheep gasped a little. He sat up a little on the stretcher "Thank you, your Majesty, thank you" the mouse stumbled to his feet with the help of another mouse.

"Uh...Oh!" Reepicheep locked eyes with Aslan and clasped his hands together infront of him "Hail, Aslan! It is a gret honour to be in-" he tried to bow but stopped talking once he stumbled forward. Reepicheep looked back to see he was missing his tail and let out a gasp of surprise.

Cora's expression softened once she realised his tail was no longer there. Knowing how much the thing meant to the mouse made her heart ache.

He stood up again and looked at Aslan "I am completely out of countenance. I must crave your indulgence for appearing in this unseemly fashion" the mouse looked up at Lucy hopefully "Uh...perhaps a drop more?"

Lucy looked down at the cordial in her hands and then back at the mouse infront of her with a sad smile "I don't think it does that"

"You could have a go"

Aslan let out a chuckle "It becomes you well, small one"

Reepicheep turned to face the lion "All the same, great king" he pulled out his sword "I regret that I must withdraw, for a tail is the honour and glory of a mouse"

"Perhaps you think too much of your honour, friend"

"Well it's not just the honour. It's also great for balance. And climbing. And grabbing things"

Both Peter and Cora let out a small and nearly audible chuckle at the mouse and how he was so highly talking about his tail.

Another one of the mice held his tail up with one hand and his blade in the other "May it please Your High Majety, we will not bear the shame of wearing an honour denied to our cheif" the six other mice standing round them all followed suit, holding their tail in one hand and their blades in the other.

Aslan let out a chuckle "Not for the sake of you dignity but for the love of your people" the lion nodded his head and Reepicheep moved around grabbing onto his new  tail with a wide smile "Thank you, my leige. I will treasure it always. From this day forward it will serve as a great reminder of my huge humility"

Everyone let out chuckles because of Reepicheep and his words.

Cora locked eyes with the lion and nodded as she stepped forward at his request. He nodded once at her before bearing a small smile "Cora...the magic given to you today was set the in legend the moment you left Narnia the first time. It was told to happen. It was told that you would yet again sacrifice the most to save us. Although the power won't be needed much longer, it will return when it is needed by a Narnian"

The girl nodded understandingly before stepping back to stand inbetween Caspian and Peter.

Aslan nodded with a smile once again "Now, where is this dear little friend you've told me so much about?"

After feeling all eyes on him, Trumpkin turned around nervously and walked over to stand a few feet away before kneeling. The lion stood up and let out a mighty roar.

Everyone let out a chuckle and Lucy practically beamed "Do you see him now?" Trumpkin took in a few deep breaths in response with a chuckle and stood up.

...

The villagers stood outside the small houses, some waving flags and some holding baskets full of pretty flowers which happened to be multiple different colours. As if you were staring at a contained rainbow.

Children ran through the pathway left clear, throwing rose petals all over the floor.

Aslan followed behind them bearing kind and friendly smile to all of his subjects as Caspian rode alongside Susan. They too, both wore bright and kind smiles.

Next was Cora and Peter. They rode alongside eachother, but Cora wasn't on a horse. She was sat on Magnus's back, gently holding onto the fur of his neck.

He was never one for wearing saddles anyways.

The smiles the married couple shared were enough to make anyone standing in the crowd feel single, and they especially made Edmund feel sick.

Behind the two eldest was Edmund and Lucy who funnily enough also rode on horseback. Their smiles almost seemed to show even more happiness than anyone elses.

And last but not least, behind the two youngest Pevencie siblings was Trumpkin and the Professor.

But the most beutiful smiles being shared in that moment were the ones between the Narnians and the Telmarines. Hope was shown to them earlier on and now they know they can live with some agreement of peace. In safety. And that's all they really needed all along.

Caspian wore a cream, designed set of clothes. His hair had been nicely brushed out and a gold crown sat upon his head.

Susan wore the most amazing dress. It was red with gold, long and flowy sleeves as well as a lace up peice across her chest area.

Peter wore a light blue, long sleeved shirt with a leather overcoat and brown trousers.

Cora wore a baby blue dress, with light ash grey, log and flowy sleeves. Similar to Susan's in a way. She also just so happened to have her ring on her finger instead of tucked away or on a chain for what felt like the first time in a long time.

Lucy wore a light pink dress, which was very similar to Cora's and Susan's.

Edmund wore a light brown, long sleeved shirt with a dark brown leather overcoat and a pair of brown trousers which were slightly darker than his shirt but slightly lighter than the overcoat.

Later that night, fireworks were shot above the castle in celebration towards Caspian growing from Prince to King.

...

The next morning King Caspian left the castle to see Susan, Peter and Cora walking through the columns of the courtyard. He froze in his place with a sad smile knowing what was going on. The boy turned to walk away but instantly turned back at the sound of Aslan.

"Your majesty?"

Caspian saw Susan's teary eyes, Cora's upset expression and the way Peter held Cora upright with an arm around her waist.

He stared at them for a moment until Aslan nodded at him. Caspian took a moment to rethink the words he knew he was going to speak in the first place.

"We are ready. Everyone has assembled"

Susan turned around and locked eyes with Aslan who also seemed to have teary eyes.

Caspian shared a nod with Cora before turning away and leaving.

The three Pevencies and Aslan continued walking through the columns of the courtyard.