five

"Peter! Peter! Wake up! Peter! Wake up! It's there it's really there!!"

Peter stirred and slowly sat up "Lucy shhh! what are you talking about?"

"Narnia it's all in the wardrobe like I told you!"

Susan pulled her night robe tightly around her "You've just been dreaming Lucy" hearing Susan shut Lucy down like that made Cora's smile disappear.

"But I haven't! I saw Mr.Tumnus again and this time Edmund went too!"

Everyone turned to look at the boy and he locked eyes with an annoyed looking Cora before turning to look at Peter.

"You - You saw the faun?"

He didn't answer, he just shook his head, so Lucy stood up "Well he didn't actually go there with me and Cora, he-" she turned to look at her brother, really confused "What were you doing Edmund?"

"Oh yes Ed please do tell"

He looked at Cora and rolled his eyes at her before starting to speak "I was just playing along sorry Peter I shouldn't have encouraged them but you know what little children are like these days they just don't know when to stop pretending" as he finished being an asshole he took a seat with a smirk.

Lucy ran off with tears running down her face, Cora went to follow her but stopped for a second "You could have at least heard her story" then she ran after Lucy causing the both of them to bump into the professor. Cora gently pulled Lucy away from the older man and pulled her into her embrace giving him a small smile. Mrs.Macredey came charging into the hallway but stopped when she saw Professor Kurk standing infront of the two.

"Professor I'm sorry I told them you were not to be disturbed"

Peter and Susan came rushing round the corner but came to a quick stop when their eyes landed on the professor.

"It's alright Mrs.Macredey I'm sure there's an explanation but first of all I think this one is in need of a little hot chocolate"

Cora let go off Lucy and stepped back a bit, letting the smaller Pevencie go.

"Come along dear" Lucy went to the kitchen with Mrs.Macredey.

Peter and Susan went to go back to the room when Kurke let out a cough to get their attention so they stopped and turned back around.

They all went into the professor's office and stood there looking at him whilst he takes a seat "You seem to have upset the delicate internal balance of my house keeper"

Peter stepped forward "Very sorry Sir it won't happen again" he tried to take both Susan and Cora out of the office but they pull away and Susan speaks up "I-it's our sister Sir Lucy"

"The weeping girl?"

"Yes Sir, she's upset"

"Hence the weeping

"I-it's nothing - we can handle it" Peter tries to hurry up the conversation.

"Oh I can see that"

"She thinks she's found a magical land in the upstairs-"

Cora cut Susan off, folding her arms "We both found another world in the upstairs wardrobe.

Kurke's eyes went wide and he stood up and walked over to stand infront of Cora "What did you say?"

Cora slowly nodded "We both found a woods called Narnia"

"I see"

Peter took a seat with both Susan and the professor but Cora stayed standing.

"Lucy thinks they've found a Forrest inside"

Susan carried on for Peter "She won't stop going on about it"

The professor pushed his glasses back up his nose "What was it like?"

Susan leant forward a little "Like talking to a Lunatic"

"No no no not the girl the forest"

Peter's eyes stuck out of his head "You're not saying you belive her"

"What you dont?"

Susan couldn't help but let out a small chuckle "Of course not I mean logically it's impossible"

"What are they teaching you at schools these days?"

Peter glanced at Cora, seeing the hurt on her face before sadly looking back at the professor "Edmund said that they were only pretending"

Professor Kurke nodded his head as he started to speak again "And he's usually the more truthful one is he?"

"No, this would be the first time"

Cora huffed and leant against a wall with her arms re-crossed.

"Well if she's not bad and she's not lying then logically you must assume she's telling the truth" the professor lit his pipe and stared blankly at Susan and Peter.

"You're saying we should just believe her?"

He nodded at the boy "She's your sister isn't she? You're her family you might just try acting like one"

"Excuse me sir but I-" Cora didn't finish her scentance before she even left the room, rushing back to her own.

Back in the office Susan and Pter still stay sat down with the professor.

"And the other girl? I expect she's one of the eldest?"

Peter sighed "My age sir, I'll talk to her-"

"I suppose you should, she looked very let down about it"

The pair said thank you and left the office, Susan heading to find Edmund and Peter heading to find Cora.

•••

The next day it's a really bright day, the weather is lovely and warm. Cora and Lucy are sat under a tree, the eldest reading a book and Lucy lying across Cora's lap playing with some grass.

"Peter winds up poised to take yet another wicket"

As the cricket ball flew and bounced off of Edmund's leg he spun around, directing his attention back to the game "Ow!"

Cora smirked from under the tree and Peter laughed "Whoops Wake up Dolly day dream" Susan threw the ball back to Peter and Edmund just huffed "Why can't we play hide and seek again?"

Under the tree Cora rolled her eyes at the boy making Lucy laugh.

"I thought you said it was a kids game"

"Besides we could all use the fresh air" Susan smiled a bit.

But Edmund just looked down "It's not there isn't air inside"

Peter just stood there picking at the cricket ball "Are you ready?"

Edmund half sassily and half gumpily got ready to hit the ball "Are you!" Peter bowled and Edmund hit the ball. It went flying and everyone flinched when they both heard and saw the ball go straight through a window.

All five of them stood around a knocked over set of armour and shattered glass. Peter turned to his brother shaking his head "Well done Ed!"

"You bowled it!"

Everyone of them flinched when they heard Mrs.Macredey start to shout "What an earth is going on up there!?"

Susan's eyes widened "The Macredey!"

"Come on!"

Everyone followed Peter though each and every hallway in the damn house until Cora pushed them all into the room with the wardrobe "Everyone in! Now!"

Edmund opened the door to the wardrobe and turned to everyone "Come on!"

Susan stood there slightly confused "You've got to be joking" but when they heard the footsteps of Mrs.Macredey they all hurried into the wardrobe.

Stumbling over each other's feet trying to get even further back into the wardrobe as to not be found didn't work out so great.
But both Cora and Lucy let out big smiles the second they noticed the snow and where they have turned up. Narnia.