two

They both noticed the falling snow and the huge pine trees covered from top to bottom. Cora looked back into the wardrobe before walking out into the open a little, not believing what she was seeing, Lucy followed her clutching onto Cora's arm.

As they looked around with wide smiles across their faces, they noticed everything was completely covered in snow. Lucy slowly pulled away from Cora, letting go of her arm and starting to walk off a little. The eldest of the two followed closely behind, but they both stopped when they came across a brightly shining lamp post. The two of them walked closer towards it until they were a couple feet away, both of then jumped a little at the sound of a snapping twig.

Cora pulled Lucy behind her and looked around trying to find which direction the noise came from, when her eyes lie upon a man. Bith Cora and the man caught eyes, he screamed dropping all of his belongings whereas she only let out a gasp not wanting to startle Lucy. He hid himself behind a tree and held his white umbrella to his chest. Cora kept looking in the direction of the man, letting Lucy slowly step forward to stand next to her.

Both her and Lucy moved forward and started to pick up the man's belongings for him "Uhh-" he came out from behind the tree and it was only then that Cora realised he was half goat...he was a faun!

Lucy held out a wrapped object to the faun "Were you hiding from us?"

The faun started to pick up his belongings "No-uhm well- I just- I...no I-just I- was just uhm- I didn't want to scare you"

Lucy and Cora both let out small chuckles "If you don't mind my asking what are you?"

"Well I- I'm a f-faun and what about you? You must be some kind of beard-less dwarves?"

Cora smiled "We're not dwarves we're girls" both of them started to pick up the last couple of the faun's belongings. Lucy chuckled and replied in a sassy tone "And actually I'm tallest in my class"

The faun leant down a little towards the two of them and pointed "You mean to say that you're daughter's of Eve?"

Cora squinted a little "Our mum's names aren't Eve?"

The faun nodded "Yes but you are in fact humans?"

Cora and Lucy both replied with a quick and short "Yes"

The faun started to quickly look around the surrounding forest before turning back to the pair "W-what are you doing here?"
Cora gently sighed and started to tell him how they arrived in the snowy forest "Well we were hiding in the wardrobe in the spare room an-"

"Spare oom? Is that in Narnia?"

Lucy smiled "Narnia? What's that?"

The faun chuckled a little "Well dear god you're in it...everything from the lamp post all the way to Castle Cair Paravel on the eastern ocean, every stick and stone you both see, every icicle is Narnia"

Cora stuttered over her next words unsure if she was dreaming "It's an awfully large wardrobe"

"Atumn..Sorry allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tumnus"

Lucy smiles and grabbed onto Cora's arm "Pleased to meet you Mr.Tumnus I'm Lucy Pevencie and this is Cora Valentine"

The pair held their hands put for Mr.Tumnus to shake but he just looked at them unsure of what to do so Cora nodded "You shake it"

Mr.Tumnus smiled at them politely "Why?" They dropped their hands with a giggle.

"We-we don't know, people do it when they meet eatchother" he laughed at Cora and gently shook her hand before shaking Lucy's too.

Mr.Tumnus smiled widely "Well the Lucy Pevencie, Cora Valentine from the shining city of wardrobe in the wondrous land of spare oom, how'd it be if you came and had tea with me?"

Cora interjected before Lucy could knowing they already been there for quite some time "Well thank you very much but we probably should be getting back"

Mr.Tumnus stepped forward a little "Yes but it's only just around the corner and they'll be a glorious fire and with-with toast and tea and cakes and perhaps we'll even break into the Sardines"

Cora bit her bottom lip "well I really don't know"

"Oh please it's not everyday that I get to make a new friend"

Cora picked up two objects handing them to Lucy and picking up two more for herself "Well I suppose we could come for a little while if you have cakes and tea"

"By the bucket load"

The pair followed the faun back to his small house built into the stump of a tree he smiled as they stood outside "Well here we are, come along" the three went inside to a warm home.

Lucy picked up a framed painting "Uhh-now that is my farther" lucy looked at Mr.Tumnus before looking back at the painting "He has a nice face...he looks alot like you"

Cora noticed the faun slightly freeze at what Lucy had said, so she gently took the painting from the girls grasp and put it back on the stand "I'm very sorry about that Mr.Tumnus"
The faun ignored her words "No I'm not very much like him at all"

Lucy sadly smiled "Our fathers are fighting in the war"

The faun spin around to face the two "My farther went away to war too...but that was a long, long time ago" he started to make tea "Before this dreadful winter"

Cora furrowed her eyebrows at him "Winter's not all bad, there's ice skating, snowball fights oh and Christmas!"

He brought the tea in to the room and the girls took a seat "No here no, no we haven't had a Christmas in a hundred years"

Lucy looked dumbfounded "What?" This made Cora giggle a little "No presents for a hundred years?"

Mr.Tumnus took a seat too "I've always wanted another Christmas but it's been a long winter...you both would have loved Narnia in Summer, we fauns danced with the trees all night and y'know we - we never got tired"

Cora and Lucy each took a sip of their tea.

"And the music - awe such music...would you like to hear some now?"

Lucy giggled "Ohh yes please"

The faun started to play a tune on his exquisitely carved flute.