twenty five

Cora looked back up at the boy and noticed the way he had just started to look at her. Relief.

"I thought I had lost you again"

She reached her hand up and caressed his cheek "I'm Cora Pevencie, I'm a survivor Peter it's what I do" she chuckled to herself a little and then took on a serious expression "I'm okay, you're not going to loose me and back at the castle...it wasn't your fault. It was mine. But I have my staff and I have my wits, I also have you. My brave and most handsome king"

"Oh really"

A small and cheeky smirk appeared on her face "Yes really why do you think I married you, it wasn't your brains"

"Cora, dear you know you love me either way"

"I do, but everyone knows you love me more"

...

Meanwhile, Caspian and his professor sat ontop of the how, on a ledge.

"Why did you never tell me about my farther?"

The professor looked up at Caspian with sad eyes, but turned back to look forward "My mother was a Black Dwarf from the Nothern Mountains" he paused for a moment then resumed speaking, making sure to choose his words carefully "I risked my life all these years so that one day...you might be a better king than those before you"

The boy looked down in disappointment "Then I have failed you"

The professor looked up at him again "Everything I told you - everything I didn't...it was only because I believe in you. You have a chance to become the most noble contradiction in history. The Telmarine who saved Narnia"

The two kept looking out over the empty clearing infront of the how, with nothing else to say.
They sat in a peaceful silence.

...

Cora and Peter were sitting beside eachother, leaning against the stone table. They sat in each other's embrace and turned when they heard a noise to see Lucy walk in. The girl joined the two, taking a seat the other side of Peter.

"You're lucky, you know"

Lucy turned to look up at her brother "What do you mean?"

"To have seen him. I wish he'd just given me some sort of proof"

Lucy bit her lip and locked eyes with Cora "Maybe we're the ones who need go prove ourselves to him" she rubbed her brother's arm in content.

Edmund walked in, at a fast pace "Pete, Cora. You better come quickly" the four of them all rushed out to join Caspian standing on a ledge.

They saw lined of Telmarine soldiers heading their way. Just looking at them made Cora clench her fists beside her, it took everything she had not to march down there now and kill every last one of them herself.
She watched as the Narnians who were in good enough health all gathered around along the entrance of the how.

They all saw the same thing, but Cora knew exactly what she was going to do and who exactly to, no one else would've guessed.

The soldiers marched across the clearing in their assigned formations, some were pushing catapults and some were holding massive spears, acquainted with shields.

Reepicheep and his mice all looked at the approaching soldiers. The mouse looked back and up to lock eyes with Cora, she nodded at him and he immediately ran towards the entrance of the how, heading towards her. By now, Susan, the professor, Trumpkin and that very same Leopard from the castle joined the four from before up on the ledge.

...

They had all gathered back in the main room of the how. Trumpkin rested his hands on the table "Cakes and Kettledrums. That's your next big plan? Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest? Alone!"