twenty nine

Caspian stood in the courtyard, in the middle infront of a tree.

To his left were the Pevencies all lined up. First it was Cora, then Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy.

To Caspian's right stood Magnus, Aslan, Trufflehunter, Reepicheep, Orius, Trumpkin, The Professor and a Bear.

"Narnia belongs to the Narnians just as it does to man. Any Telmarine who wants to stay and live in peace are welcome to"

The crowd standing infront of those thirteen specific people all kept their eyes on Caspian as he spoke.

"But for any of you who wish, Aslan will return you to the home of our forefathers" the boy received a nod of approval from Aslan.

"It's been generations since we left Telmar"

Aslan turned to look at the man who spoke and then at the whole crowd "We're not referring to Telamr. Your ancestors were seafaring brigands. Pirates run aground on an island. There they found a cave, a rare chasm that brought them here from their world. The same world as our kings and queens. Is is to that island I can return you" he stepped forward a little with a small smile "It is a good place for any who wish to make a good start"

Everyone standing beside Caspian watched as the crowd looked around to see who would speak up.

"I will go I will except the offer"

Cora looked around for the man and tensed up once she found that the owner of the voice was the general who worked for Miraz.

Both the general and Caspian bowed their heads at eachother as the general stepped forward.

"So will we" Prunaprisma stepped forward with her baby in her arms and her farther beside her.

As the three walked towards Aslan, the lion stepped forward again "Because you have spoken first, your future in that world shall be good" The lion gently breathed on the general, Prunaprisma, her baby and her farther. He then turned his head to look at the tree standing behind Caspian.

Everyone watched as the tree twisted and opened up to create some sort of doorway.

All four of them disappeared through the portal causing the whole crowd to gasp.

"Where did they go?" or "They killed them!" were shouted from villagers who were shook in surprise.

A man pointed forward "How do we know he is not leading us to our death?"

"Sire. If my example can be of any service, I will take eleven mice through with no delay"

Cora slightly smiled to herself at the mouse's bravery, but her smile fell once she realised what had to be done. She laced her fingers with Peter's as the boy slightly stepped forward.

"We'll go"

Edmund locked eyes with Cora before looking at his brother "We will?"

The girl gently shook her head as she moved to stand beside Peter again "Come on, our times up"

Peter gently let Cora's hand fall as he stepped towards Caspian "After all, we're not really needed here anymore" he removed his sword from his belt and held it out to the boy.

Caspian took it from Peter's grasp "I will look after it until you return"

"I'm afraid that's just it"

Both boys turned their heads at the sound of Susan's voice.

The girl kept her tears from falling "We're not coming back"

Cora knew the look she watched appear on Caspian's face. She knew it all too well, and she knew that the boy loved Susan. But she also knew the saddest point towards the feeling: It can't be used. After all Susan was older than him and she won't ever be returning to Narnia. It wouldn't work. Cora felt really bad for the boy, eventhough she didn't have enough time to get to know him, she felt like she already did and that's why she knew he would hurt once they all leave. The boy was like a brother to her.