eighteen

They made it to a shore and the dwarf hopped off first taking the rope with him and digging the small anchour into the stones. The five Pevencies followed him off the boat and the two boys pulled the boat a little further onto the shoreline.

Lucy walked off a little bit and found a bear "Hello there" Cora knew the second she heard the little one speak that something was wrong "Lucy come back"

The black bear stood on it's two hind legs looking at Lucy.

But the girl kept walking towards it "It's alright. We're friends"

The bear grunted and dropped back to all fours, beginning to make it's way towards the girl.

"Don't move your majesty"
Lucy turned back around to look at the dwarf in confusion and the bear started to run at her.

Lucy started to run towards everyone else, Cora grabbed her staff and Susan aimed an arrow "Stay away from her!"

The bear didn't listen and Lucy tripped.

Edmund started towards his older sister "Shoot, Susan shoot!" But she didn't shoot it.

So Cora legged it to Lucy and spun the pair pulling the girl to her chest, so her back was towards the bear. She stuck out her staff and it pierced the bears chest. But the bear stood there frozen until an arrow pierced it's heart right next to where Cora's staff stay hooked in the bear's flesh.

Cora moved herself and Lucy away from the bear, removing her staff as she did. But she noticed the arrow wasn't Susan's, it was the dwarfs.

Peter pulled both her and Lucy close, rubbing his sister's shoulder and kissing Cora's forehead.

"Why wouldn't he stop?"

The dwarf made his way towards the bear, lowering his bow "I suspect he was hungry" he started to prod the bear with his bow to make sure he was really dead.

"Thanks"

The pair received a small nod from him in return as a welcome as well as a tiny smile.

"He was wild"

"Of course he was Ed! The last lot of bears I knew used to give me and the girls piggy back rides!"

Both Cora and Edmund shared a quick amused smile before seriously turning back to the situation at hand.

"I don't think he could talk at all"

Cora looked up at Peter with a small nod "Would've been nice for a small warning wouldn't it?" Peter smiled down at her before playfully nudging her so they could both pay attention.

"Get treated like a dumb animal long enough, that's what you become" the man looked down at the bear slightly saddened by what had to be done to him. But he unsheathed a dagger "You may find Narnia a more savage place than you remember" he knelt down and started to cut at the bear's flesh.

Lucy dug her head into her older brother's side and Cora turned away, resting her head in the crook of Peter's neck, to which he wrapped his arms more securely over both of the girls.

...

Caspian walked through parts of the woods, looking about his surroundings and trying to find a way, when he stopped after hearing rustling from behind him "I can hear you"

Both Trufflehunter and Nikabrik came out from behind seperate trees and walked closer to the prince. The Badger looked up at him "I just think we should wait for the Kings and Queens"

Caspian ignored him and kept walking.

"Fine! Go then! See if the other's will be as understanding!"