nine

Lucy turned to look at Susan with a cute smirk "Told you he was real"

"He said" everyone turned to look at Peter as he paused "Winter is almost over y'know what that means? No more ice" if it wasn't for the look of worry on the boy's face Cora would start to laugh but the thought set in "Guys we have to go Now!"

•••

They stood above the river on a ledge watching the ice break off and got caught in the already ruching stream.

Peter grabbed Lucy's and Cora's hands "We need to go now!"

Lucy looked down at the pair "Don't beavers make dams?"

"I'm not that fast dear!"

Cora gently started to pull lucy "Come on!"

"Wait will you just think about this for a minute!"

Cora and Lucy were already making there way down but Peter and Susan had stopped for a moment of discussion.

"We don't have a minute!"

"I'm just trying to be realistic"

"No! you're trying to be smart as usual" he started to follow Cora and Lucy down. Susan stayed up there until she heard howls then she started to climb down.

Peter went to step onto the ice to make sure it was safe but it cracked so mr beaver held up his hands "wait maybe I should go first"

Cora nodded quickly"maybe you should" mr beaver started to walk across the ice and every now and again hit it with his tail to find the weak spots. Until it slowly started to crack at one point to where mrs beaver started to have a gentle go at him "you've been sneaking second helpings haven't you?"

"Well you never know which meal's gonna be your last expecially with your cooking"

Mrs beaver and the children all started to follow beaver. Both Susan and Cora had hold of eachother and Peter held Lucy.

Susan almost slipped but Cora held her balance to keep her up "If mum knew what we were doing"

"Well mum's not here!"

Lucy spotted the wolves running ahead above them "Oh No!"

"RUN!"

Everyone followed Peter, running across the ice but they were cut off halfway across and blocked from both sides by snarling wolves. One of them grabbed mr beaver and pinned him against the ice, so Peter pulled out his sword and Cora held up her staff

The alpha wolf stepped forward "Put those down kids someone could get hurt"

Mr beaver struggled a little "Don't worry about me run him through!"

"Leave now while you can and your brother leaves with you"

Susan started to shout "Stop Peter and Cora maybe we should listen to him!"

The wolf laughed a creepy laugh "smart girl"

"Don't listen to him! Kill him! Kill him now!"

The wolf kept walking towards the group "C'mon this isn't your war all my Queen wants is for you to take your family and go"

Susan started to shout again "Look just because some man in a red coat hands you a sword and a staff it doesn't make you heroes! Just drop them!"

"No Peter! Cora! narnia needs you! Gut him while you still have a chance!"

The wolf smirked "What's it gonna be Son of Adam and Daughter of Eve I won't wait for ever and neither will the river!"

Lucy and Cora looked up at the frozen water fall and shouted in unison "Peter!"