Chapter Two

Stefano's pov

I stare at the gorgeous woman holding my son in her arms. He never gets this comfortable around strangers...

"This is the famous Mara, known as Amara Park" my mother says smiling.

Oh... Amara, Marco always talks about her. She makes those delicious chocolate chip cookies.

She holds Marco as she slightly bows. Mmm. She smiles and my dad gently shakes her small hand. She's so beautiful.

"I'm Marco's grandpa" My dad says.

"and mine, Nonno" Mia says.

"Yes princess" my dad says chuckling.

"Nice to meet you Salvatore" she says with her sweet angelic voice.

She turns to me and does that bow thing again before smiling softly. Why does she keep doing that? I can't even get any words out. Damn man say something... Anything!

Marco suddenly takes his head out of her neck and she kisses his cheek. He smiles sleepily at her.

"looks like somebody's sleepy, give him to Stefano dear, he'll put him to sleep" Emilia says before taking her husband's hand and walking off.

I step forward and hear her breath hitch. I try taking Marco but Marco tightens his arms around her neck.

"nooo, mawa" he says into her neck.

"You have to sleep champ, Mara can't hold you forever, you're heavy" I say.

"It's okay, really" she says softly.

"Are you sure?" I ask her.

She nods and starts stroking Marco's hair. I watch as she moves to the kitchen and continues rocking and singing something to him.

A hard slap on my shoulder gets me out of my trans. I turn to see Leonardo smiling at me.

"I knew you'd like her" he says giving me one of those goofy smiles.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I say shaking my head.

"Come on man, I see the way you look at her, and besides everyone thinks you'll make a great pair." he says.

"What the hell man. I can't, I can't start dating again, especially now. Marco is only three and he doesn't need confusion." I say.

"Bro stop being scared, Marco loves that woman, you have no idea. He sometimes refers to her as his mom" he mumbles the last part.

"What!? No, he doesn't have a mom" I say angrily.

"He doesn't, but that can change. Look man, Marco needs a mom. He needs an emotional connection with a mother figure. Think about that" he says before leaving.

"Ste-Stefano?" I hear her beautiful voice stutter.

I turn and see her smiling softly with an asleep Marco in her arms. He doesn't even sleep in my mom's arms...

"Can you please show me where to lay him down?" she asks.

"Yeah sure, follow me" I say.

I lead her to Marco's room and watch as she walks over to his cot. She lays him down gently and takes off his shoes before kissing his head.

She turns and blushes as soon as her eyes land on me. She looks so fucking beautiful in her little dress.

"Thanks for putting him to sleep, I'm sorry he's so clingy

"Thanks for putting him to sleep, I'm sorry he's so clingy. He's not usually this way around other people, hell he won't even let my mom put him to sleep" I say chuckling.

I hear the most beautiful sound come out of her mouth... Her laugh.

"It's fine really, I love that little guy" she says as she looks over at Marco's sleeping form.

I smile and we walk back out to the others.

"So... You make those delicious chocolate chip cookies Marco loves so much" I say smiling.

"Yeah, I love baking. That's why I opened my bakery" she says.

"What are you mixed with, if you don't mind me asking... You're just so beautiful" I say.

"My dad's white and from here and my mom is Korean, South Korean" she says blushing.

"cool, cool. Well I'm sure you already know but I'm italian. The whole Famiglia is." I say chuckling a bit.

"Yeah, I did. I love your language" she says.

"Wanna hear a secret?" I 'whisper'.

"ummm, sure?" she says.

"My sister makes me watch k-dramas, and... I like it" "I say.

She starts laughing... Hard. I blush and look away, was that an unmanly thing to say?.

She continues laughing and holds her stomach. At this point I don't care that she's laughing at me, as long as she keeps praising my ears.

I don't even realise I'm smiling until she finally stops and asks.

"You have a beautiful laugh" I say softly.

"You're a cutie, maybe one day... We can watch K-dramas together" she whispers the last part.

We both smile and make our way back to the others. As soon as they see us coming, they all give me knowing smiles. I roll my eyes and clap my hands together.

"Dinner?" I say smiling.