Chapter Five

Third person pov

Stefano finally takes Amara and Marco to her house. It pains him to say goodbye to his son. This is the first time he's gonna be away from Marco for a whole night, but nonetheless, he knows his son is in safe hands.

Amara is a kind beautiful young woman. Marco is clearly very fond of her. Stefano won't deny the fact that she's a gorgeous, kind woman, but he can't just throw a stepmom position on her lap. It'll be unfair towards her.

He hopes that Amara will stay, for Marco and... For him. The first time he saw her he was stunned by her beauty. How can such a beautiful person be so kind and full of life. It's very rare.

When Elaina, Marco's biological mother left him and his son, he gave up on the fact that beautiful people could have kind hearts. Elaina wanted fame and she saw Marco as just some unwanted luggage.

Stefano of course couldn't let her kill his child. Although she was pissed, she knew she wanted the money Stefano offered her to keep the baby.

At the time though, Stefano wasn't as rich as he is now. He had to borrow money from his dad.

Marco's existence alone, motivated Stefano to work hard and build his company, so his son can live a comfortable life.

Growing up, people may think Stefano had it easy. The truth is, they lived in a trailer park for years. He grew up around different types of trailers. His dad who was cut of by his grandfather, had to work extremely hard to build that company from the ground up.

Although Stefano expanded the company, he still felt like it wasn't his. It was his dad's company.

Stefano now owns multiple restaurants, hospitals, clubs and hotels around the world. That... He did on his own.

His family isn't snobbish. His dad had to move out of Italy to marry his mom. His mom came from a poor family that didn't at all meet his grandfather's 'standards'.

Now today, their company succeeds far more than his grandfather's. The man is old yet he still sits on that chair. Stefano learned to appreciate everything he has and he'll raise his son the same way.

Marco needs a mom and Stefano has already noticed how clingy Marco is to Amara. He wants to try things with Amara, he wants to be happy again but more than anything, he wants his son to be happy.

Amara pov

After seeing Stefano off, Marco and I are in the kitchen. He wants 'speggie', which I assume is spaghetti?

He's sitting on the counter, watching my every move. He's such and adorable baby boy. I wonder why his mom isn't around...

"Mawa?" I hear my jellybean.

"Yes, baby?" I say smiling.

"Where Papà?" he asks with a trembling mouth.

"Oh no no, don't cry baby. Papà's coming when you wake up from your nap ok?" I say hoping to stop him from crying.

"Papà come aftew nappies?" he asks wiping his few tears.

"Yes baby now, spaghetti?" I say smiling.

"Yay! Speggie!" he exclaims.

_____

Marco is currently sleeping next to me. He's holding my tank top tightly and his head is in my neck. He cried a bit for his dad, but I calmed him down.

Call

Stefano : hey sorry to call so late, is he okay?

Amara : no it's okay and yes, he's sleeping right now.