Chapter Twenty eight

Amara pov

Stefano looks at from across the lawn and quickly hides the box behind his back. I quickly turn back around and Sofia looks at me with a questionly gaze.

"Have you seen Aria?" I ask her.

"Yeah, she went in to help in the kitchen" she's says.

I say a quick 'thanks' before I rush into the house. As soon as I get in the kitchen I grab Aria's hand and lead her into the hallway.

"Hello to you too Amara" she says.

"There's no time to make jokes Aria. Stefano's going to propose" I say, freaking out.

"Eeeeeh! Omg, yes!" she says excitedly.

"No, I don't think we're ready yet" I say.

"I think you are. You've dated for a few months now and you're Marco's mother. Wait... How do you know he is going to propose anyways?" she suddenly asks.

"Well... On our way here he was acting weird and then outside, I saw him talking to Dante in hushed tones before Dante took out a lavender-ish box." I say.

"Wow..." she says.

"I know, I'm not ready for this. Should I tell him before he does it?" I ask.

"Yeah, I think you should tell him before anything can happ-

Girls! Come on out, Stefano has a suprise! " Emilia yells.

I look at Aria with wide eyes. She sighs and grabs my arm, leading me out.

There's a path of rose petals, leading to lights... Where Stefano is standing. I gasp and Aria giggles next to me.

"Don't laugh!" I whisper yell.

"Go on, he's waiting for you" she says.

My phone suddenly rings, I take it out to see it's Stefano. I frown and look over to him, he mouths, 'answer'.

I pick up the phone.

My love 💕- Come walk with Aria

Me - why?

Stefano - Just do it.

Hangs up

I frown but take Aria's hand in mine. All our family members are standing next to the path, across one another, holding lights.

I blow out a breath and walk down with Aria.

"Why are u dragging me with you?" she whispers in my ear.

"Stefano said so" I say.

We finally get to Stefano and he smiles at me. He takes my hand, trying to step away from Aria.

"I can't marry you!" I say... A little too loudly, while pulling my hands away from him.

Stefano frowns at me before he starts laughing at me, I look around to see everyone laughing at me before they all cheer.

I look over to Aria, who is now in Dante's arms, while he spins her around.

He finally puts her down and they share a long kiss before they break away.

"Eeeeeh! I'm engaged!" Aria yells.

I frown as I look at the ring on her finger. Everyone starts congratulating her and I stand there, stunned.

"It wasn't for you, Amore mio" Stefano whispers in my ear.

I hide my face in embarrassment.

"Don't be embarrassed my love, come here" Stefano says as he opens his arms for me.

I step into his arms and he kisses my head while rocking us back and forth.

"But I saw Dante give the ring to you" I mumble.

"He just showed me the ring because I asked to see it again" Stefano says.

"Wait... Is that why you were acting so weird. You knew Dante was going to propose." I say. I step away and look up at him. He rubs the back of his head.

"Yeah... Dante made me promise to not tell you or you would've ruined the suprise." He says.

"Oh" I say softly.

"Hey, why did you say you can't marry me? Would you have rejected me?" he asks.

"I just don't think we're ready yet, maybe in 6-7 months or more." I say.

"I agree and I can't wait to make you my wife." he says with a excited smile.

I smile and hug him again before I turn my attention to Aria. I squeal and pull her into a tight hug.

"You were worried for nothing Mara, I can't believe Dante proposed" she whispers in my ear.

"I'm happy for you Ari, I'm also relieved that it wasn't for me... And embarrassed." I say. We pull away and she frowns

"Don't be embarrassed, these things happen. Now let's go eat, I'm so hungry I could eat a cow" she says, giggling.

I laugh and allow her to drag me to the food table.

Stefano pov

"Don't worry man, I'm sure in a few months when you propose, she'll say yes" Dante tells me.

"Yeah, I just can't stop thinking about the fact that she was gonna reject me if I did" I say. Dante shakes his head, looking defeated.

"Don't dwell too much on it. Now, let's go join the others." he gets up and walks over to where everyone is sitting at the table.

Amara smiles widely at me as Dante and I walk to the table. I give her a small smile, making her frown. She watches me until I sit next to her.

"what's wrong?" she asks.

"Nothing" I say.

I can feel her eyes on me for a few minutes before someone calls her.

"I can't believe you thought it was for you, that was so funny" Leonardo says, clutching his stomach.

"Hey, stop it" Amara replies with a cute pout on her lips.

"Stop teasing her, she's pregnant" Emilia says and everyone goes silent.

It takes me a while before I finally get it. She's pregnant? How, we haven't done anything yet.

I turn to look at Amara who is all pink in the face. Sofia is trying to hide her laughter and Aria looks at Amara, waiting for an explanation like the rest of us.

"You're pregnant?" Aria.

"Stefano knocked you up?" Leonardo

"why the fuck are you pregnant" Jeong.

"I can't wait to see my little neice or nephew!" Chiara.

"You cheated on me?" I ask, making everyone go quiet.

"You guys haven't had sex yet?" Dante asks, directing the question to me.

I shake my head. She can't be pregnant, she just can't. I know she wouldn't cheat on me, she's an angel.

"Oh gosh no, I would never cheat on you Stefano, never.

"Then how are you pregnant?" My dad asks.

"I'm not! Sofia is.... Oops" She says.

We all turn to Sofia who sends Amara a playful glare.

"Suprise?" Lorenzo says.