Chapter Eleven

Stefano pov

"Let's go my little family" I say smiling.

Amara's face turns red and she looks away. I chuckle as I continue guiding her to my car. It makes me feel such joy knowing that I can make her blush.

After settling in, we drive in complete silence. Amara is sitting quietly with a big smile on her face.

"Stefano?" she suddenly says.

I glance at her quickly. Her beautiful eyes are staring right at me.

"Yes love" I answer.

She blushes again. Fucking cute!

"I know this might seem personal but I want to ask about Marco. I've noticed that he's a bit..."

"Slow" I finish for her.

She nods.

"It's okay love. The doctor said it's development delay. He acts more clingy and and struggles with communicating. That's one of the reasons why I was surprised to see him so open with you." I say.

"Is it something that will be with him forever?" she asks.

"We don't know yet. Marco is a premature baby, that's why he's slower. The phycologist said it may be short-term and he just needs something or someone to help him break out of it. She also thinks the fact that he doesn't have any motherly love is taking a toll on him... "I say.

She smiles sadly and looks behind where Marco is playing games on my phone.

After a few minutes, we finally reach the park. Amara hops out and immediately takes Marco out as well.

I get out and walk behind them. Amara sets Marco on the ground and runs away from him. Marco doesn't like being on the ground, he always wants to be in someone's arms.

He hesitates before running after her. I'm shocked. I figure she's trying to help him come out of his shell.

They both run to the swings and Amara sits on one while Marco climbs on her lap. This is my queue.

I jog towards them and lightly push them. They both giggle and a smile makes it's way on my face.

"Papà? Can we have ice-cweam?" Marco asks.

I stop pushing and stand there shocked. I nod my head and he gets of Amara's lap. He grabs my hand and tugs me to the ice-cream truck.

Amara pov

I watch as they go get ice-cream. I have to tell Stefano about the double date tomorrow. I haven't decided whether or not I'll tell him that Elaina might be there.

They come back and Marco walks slowly, trying not to spill the ice-cream. Stefano smiles and hands me mine.

"Thank you Stef" I say smiling.

He smiles and sits on the bench next to me. Marco sits slowly on the grass, just enjoying his ice-cream.

"You like your ice-cream jellybean?" I ask.

"Yah! Papà give me nice ice-cweam" he says smiling.

I giggle as I watch him eat happily. His cheeks are coated with ice-cream.

"Stefano, my brother wants us to go on a double date with him and someone... he met."I say slowly.

"okay...I would like to meet your brother" he says smiling.

"Stef, the woman he's going with might be Elaina. He met her at one of the exhibits. He says it's not the same person but I think it is" I say.

He nods his head and pulls me closer to him.