Chapter Twenty Three

Amara pov

Today's Friday. Jeong left early yesterday. Stefano went back to his house this morning after getting a call from Elaina's lawyers.

He said he'd tell me later and my nerves are eating me alive. I'm very worried about this situation with Marco. All I know is that I can't lose my baby. He's my son and I love him dearly.

Message - My love 💕

Hey, meet me at your bakery. I'll tell you what happened.

I look at the message. It's too cold and straightforward. He said he'd come to me.

I shrug and take my things before leaving my house.

________

Stefano pov

"What do you mean the trial is tomorrow? It's too soon, don't these things usually take time?" I yell into my phone.

The person just tells me that Elaina paid someone to move it quickly. It doesn't make sense.

I sigh and grab my keys from my desk. I left Marco at my parents because they missed him.

I get in my car and start driving to my love's house. I'm gonna tell her everything.

Tomorrow is Valentines day. I wanted to at least take her on my yatch. Now I have to go fight for my child. I will do anything for my child to stay with me. Anything.

I arrive at Amara's house and ring the doorbell. I wait a few seconds before ringing it again. Still, no answer. She must be at the bakery.

I drive to the bakery this time. It's closed. That's weird. I get out and check the doors, locked. I step on something and look down to see Amara's keys. These are the keys to her house and bakery. What is it doing here?

I quickly take out my phone and call her. The ringing comes from the road. I see her phone laying on the pavement. No no no no.

I pick it up and examine it. Where is she? I try unlocking the phone but nothing works. Marco's birthday.

I put in his birthday and it immediately unlocks. I go to the messages. Her last conversation was with... Me?

I never sent her this message. I look at my phone, it's not on mine.

My love's been kidnapped.

_________________

Unknown pov

Finally, I can finally have what's mine. I've waited for this my entire life. All I want is to love her but no, she had to keep on rejecting me.

I wait outside her bakery, dressed in black and wearing a black mask. I don't want to spoil the suprise just yet.

I see her rushing to the bakery. She doesn't even notice me. She fumbles with the keys and I take that as my queue.

"Hey Mara" I say before shutting her mouth with the cloth. She inhales the substance and her body goes limp.

I take her her phone from her pocket and press her finger print on it. The homescreen has a picture of Stefano and the boy. Gross. I try deleting the message but someone stops me.