𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝟭𝟭

TW: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE

PLAY SONG (tell me about tomorrow by jxdn)

it's been 2 weeks since colsons been home. he had to be at the hospital hospital for a week then he had to go to the other hospital for a week, which was no picnic. they treated him like a baby.

he didn't try to kill himself. he just didn't realize how much he'd taken and drank. he could never leave his family like that. and pete.. well he wasn't doing the best.

he hadn't done any comedian acts, he's barely left his room, he's barely ate anything. talked to anyone. he was a mess without colson by his side telling him everything was okay. which lead to fresh cuts to deal with the pain. when he did leave his room, it was often to go to the gym they had in their house to punch the punching bag, or to go into Nessa and Jadens room to tell them goodnight and kiss their heads. saying how much he loved them. he'd text mads once a day to check on her, he'd check on travis and kourt once a day. but that was it.

weak.

exactly what his father told him not to be.

today was the day Pete, Travis, and Jaden would pick up colson from the hospital. they all showered, got dressed and then left to go the hospital. Nessa and Kourtney decided to take another lazy day. they sat on the couch in sweats and hoodies scrolling thru their socials only to see a bunch of comments asking where they were, why they hadn't posted, etc.

"baby!" pete smiled running to his husband, wrapping his arms around him, Colson doing the same. "i missed you so fucking much." Pete said softly, holding him tighter. Colson did the same thing responding with, "i'm sorry." he said, pulling his head away from Pete's shoulder, looking at him. Pete looked at him, seeing the tears in his eyes. "please don't apologize, please." Pete said wiping the tear off of Colsons cheek, kissing his forehead. Colson smiled. "come on, Travis and Jaden have a surprise for you when we get home and nessa misses you so much." Pete smiled, as they walked to the car getting into it.

On the way home, they stopped by Chick-Fil-A and got food because pete hadn't been eating a lot. "why do you want, colson?" Pete asked. "chicken sandwich." he smiled. pete nodded as he begin to order. "that'll be 54.35 at the front window." someone said thru the speaker.

"we're home!" Jaden shouted as they all walked through the door causing nessa to shot up, running to the door. she colson and tears formed in her eyes as she ran to him. he hugged her and as he did, he lifted her off the ground, causing her to wrap her legs around him. "god i missed you." she said hugging him tighter. "i missed you more." he said kissing her cheek. Pete smiled at the sight of his 2 favorite people. she let her legs go limp around him, letting him know to put her down. "we have a surprise for you." she smiled, grabbing his hands leading him to the living room, with everyone following behind them. Colson was confused. "sit." nessa said, firmly causing colson to jump. he let out a laugh before listening her and sitting on the couch by Kourtney. he looked forward seeing a guitar, a stool and, and a microphone.

"the last thing i said to you while you were away was live to tell us about tomorrow. so i present to you, Colson Barrett. Tell me about tomorrow."

I don't know if you can hear the words I'm sayin' right now
So I'll scream 'em louder
Layin' there with no life left in your soul
It feels like nothin' matters

jaden sang these lyrics and Colsons eyes started to immediately water, thinking back to when he wanted to speak. he wanted to respond but he couldn't.

And I tried callin' you a thousand times
You tried tellin' me a thousand lies
There's no need to apologize
It's not your fault again this time

Jaden sang these lines referring to when they called, and called, and called Colsons name, begging for a response but didn't get one.

Promise you won't say goodbye right now
Hold on when you have your doubts
Tell me the things that I don't know
I'll tell you about tomorrow
So sick from all of the scars they left
Searchin' for more than this life can give
At night when you feel all alone
I'll tell you about tomorrow

and these lyrics meaning Colson is never alone in anything, and the last things he was told be for he was cut off from his family for 2 weeks.

Now embers' fadin'
Your life's vacant
You feel complacent
You're broken, I'm breakin'

travis played guitar while Jaden sang, the emotion in his voice. Colson looked around the room to see everyone had tears in their eyes. it was a very emotional time.

And I tried callin' you a thousand times
You tried tellin' me a thousand lies
There's no need to apologize
It's not your fault again this time

"there's no need to apologize. it's not your fault again this time." Was the last thing his 2 daughters said to Colson before leaving.

Promise you won't say goodbye right now
Hold on when you have your doubts
Tell me the things that I don't know
I'll tell you about tomorrow
So sick from all of the scars they left
Searchin' for more than this life can give
At night when you feel all alone
I'll tell you about tomorrow
So sick from all of the scars they left
Searchin' for more than this life can give
At night when you feel all alone
I'll tell you about tomorrow

these mean the same thing as before except, the scars part about him self harming. he was they. he left those scars. Colson looked down at his wrist to see very visible scar marks from months ago. he made made a promise to pete.

Tell me about tomorrow

Colson was speechless, that was the beat thing someones ever written for someone. he could hear the emotion in Jadens voice, he could see the pain on everyone else's face. oddly enough, he smiled. he smiled at the fact that he had people who cared for him. who loved him. whether Jaden, Kourtney and Travis weren't his blood. they were just as much of his family as Pete, Mads, and Nessa. he loved them so much.

Colson got up, walking towards Jaden hugging him. "thank you." he choked out. "i love you." Colson said again, pulling away from Jaden. "i love you too dad." Jaden smiled, earning a smiled from colson her then turned to travis. "you fuckin cunt come here." he said opening his arms, with a laugh. "the best thing ever anyones ever done." colson said, letting go of the hug.

Colson was happy. he was home. he was with his family. the people he loved with his whole heart. "i love you guys."

𝘴𝘰𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘮𝘧𝘢𝘰-

~𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘦