Chapter 26.4 - Cat Fight!

"Streetwalker!"

Leena's head snapped to the voice. It was the woman that had tried to kill her and Turrent in Covica. She was decked out in a dark blue cat suit that left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Two cat ears adorned the strip of cloth that acted both at the final strap of her outfit and doubled by keeping her blue-black hair out of her face.

I thought I was careful.

She screamed and charged Leena. She was as fast as Sabin and as ruthless as Turrent. She'd almost killed Leena in that dungeon and this time wasn't shaping up to be different. Leena exited her cover behind the army tent to avoid Neko's assault.

This was not part of the plan. They were supposed to keep a low profile and not attack until Sakima gave the signal.

Neko gives no fucks about our plan.

Two soldiers prevented her escape and a third sprinted to the front where Sabin and the illusion lay. If he alerted them, he'd ruin the plan.

Fuck me.

Leena covered the area in steam and blasted the ground with a torrent of water. It flung her body into the air with the illusion of flight. She gathered ice in her palm and tossed it at the runner's head.

It caught him behind the knee and he sprawled to the ground.

Now I need to land.

Double fuck me.

She blasted an Acadian knight in the face, slowing her descent. The soldier's helm crashed against the ground.

She stumbled to a landing.

My throat is dry and all eyes are on me.

Triple fuck me.

The ground shook, meaning that it was time to get started.

Not that I'll have any trouble with that.

She pushed out with a maelstrom wave, only to see Neko clear it in a single leap. Leena ducked her first swipe and while the second ripped her shirt open.

She summoned an ice staff and defended herself. The Tsuchinan was a nimble as a cat and attacked from all angles. Each strike of her claws left gouges in Leena's weapon.

Leena looked around for something, anything to drink. A bucket of water sat just to the right of the nearest tent. She heaved her staff at Neko and she sprinted for it.

Neko's next strike grazed Leena's back.

Leena screamed but kept on, jumping over spear thrust. She doused her head in the bucket, drinking as much water as her body would allow.

She pulled her head out of the bucket, blue hair plastered to her face. Neko pulled back, her eyes wide.

Now it's your time to run.

Leena shot with water missed Neko, but took an Acadian knight in the chest.

Do I need to drink?

She dunked her hand and the water rushed through her.

She chased Neko, blasting the trailing warriors. Every attack propelled her forward and closed the gap between her and Neko.

Is that Alaina?

"Duck!"

Alaina bent over backwards. Neko missed and continued on. Leena caught one of Alaina's assailants in the face and soared into the sky. She rolled to a stop on the ground.

"Good luck!" she shouted.

Neko turned on her, slicing a tent and flinging the cloth at her. It enveloped her and water wouldn't help so struggled to the dagger at her hip. Something slammed into her again and again. She winced with every impact until she reached her dagger and cut her way free.

The moment she was out, Neko sliced her face with one strike and her exposed breast binding with the other.

Now my freaking tit is just out.

Quadruple fuck me.

"Streetwalker!"

Leena swung wildly and punched Neko in the face. Then she blasted her with water. Neko gasped for air. Her reserves getting low, so she searched for a bucket. The only one lay on its side; its contents spilled over the cold ground.

No matter.

She placed her hand on the ground and absorbed what little she could. Neko took off again.

You can't run forever!

Neko launched into the sky and came down fast towards...Turrent?

He was trapped between two men, one of his swords out while his other arm lay limp.

"Look up!" Leena shouted and blasted the nearest one in the back.

Turrent got the sword up in time.

A knight trailed her, yelling obscenities into the wind. As Neko's widened the gap, a crazy idea entered Leena's head. She pulled deep on her Path, drawing from her reserves and blasted the knight chasing her.

The recoil pushed Leena forward faster than she ever thought was possible. She was heading towards Neko at the speed of a crossbow bolt and just as straight.

Quintuple fu...

She slammed into Neko's back and tumbled across the ground. Her vision spun and she staggered to her feet. Neko was doubled over and trying to do the same.

She stumbled over and punted Neko in the stomach. Neko flipped to her back and lay there.

"Kill me, like you killed my Inu."

Leena hesitated with her dagger. Something about Neko reminded Leena of herself. Of the way she felt when she thought her last family dead. She dropped her hand.

"I'm sorry."

Neko sat up. "You're sorry?"

Leena sheathed her dagger.

"Why?"

"I understand why you want me dead." She stepped back to put some distance between her and Neko's claws. "Killing me won't fill the hole in your heart."

Neko dropped her head. "Inu was a good man. He wanted to be free of the Tsuchina. Several times he wanted to run somewhere like Affil, to hide where they couldn't find us. I convinced him that he was foolish. It is my fault he is dead."

Seems like Supercat needs a hug. The hell with it.

Leena leaned in and gave it to her.

Don't freaking slice me up, we're having a moment.

"Go."

"What?"

"To Affil. Wherever. I'll tell the others I offed you in some epic battle. Not that we hugged it out like a bunch of lace-sewing women."

Neko rose to her feet. "Thank you."

"If you ever need to find me..."

Neko readjusting the cat ears over her hair. "I could figure it out. Not that I think I ever will. I still want to strangle Turrent." She threw her hands up. "Figuratively, of course."

With that, she turned and stumbled away.

Leena shook her head.

Kid's rubbing off on me.

The sound of a battle horn echoed in the air. The outlines of an army headed their way.

What's the term for six?

The others needed to know and fast. She just hoped she could find water on the way or she'd be useless.