Closer (ChaosAPPZ)

Story by: ChaosAPPZ

Author of:

"Criminal Love",
"Indifference",
"Last Warriors",
"DiYue Pictures Stories Collection",
"DiYue One-Shots",
"Back To You",
"Just Shoot Me"

Title of the story: "Closer"

Song: "Closer to You" by Rasmus Hagen and Nora Andersson

Yue

Wow! I got a project, my very first independent job, and it starts today.

About a month ago I met Mrs. Wang -I think her name was Sally-, but I told her I could only start in 2 months' time because I had to tie loose ends at my old job. She was nice and understanding, willing to wait for me.

When I greeted her, I thought I was seeing an angel: blond hair in soft curls that floated around her shoulders, green eyes full of joy, pink lips, tall and curvy in all the right places. Her husband is a lucky man, I thought the moment I saw her.

So, today, I knock on her door. I haven't spoken to her since, but in my sketchbook, I have all the ideas she emailed me after our conversation. I actually have not heard from her in 6 weeks -which lowkey worries me-; still, she didn't cancel the appointment, and that's why I'm here, in front of this huge mansion, jittery and thrilled at the same time.

Rich people are responsible people who always honor their commitments, right? But what if she simply forgot? You need to stay positive, Yue!

Ding dong.

While I wait for someone to open the ginormous, ugly and not-in-a-good-way old door, my eyes wander around...

Wow... This house truly is gigantic! How many rooms could it have? 10? I'm gonna make lots of money with the Wangs! Yay.

I do an inner happy dance and then ring the bell once again because no one has come yet. Bummer. Until I suddenly hear a screech and the wood entrance crack opens.

Creepy; it sounds like The Addams Family's house. I make a mental note: the door definitely needs oil -or changing altogether-. I will fix that.

- Hi!

I shout at the ajar door, but it's dark inside. Who the heck opened?! Doubly creepy! Maybe I should leave. No, no. I need the money. I quit my old job to be independent and this is my opportunity. Be brave, Yue, I tell myself when...

- Come in! -a gruff voice summons me.

Seriously, do I even need this job? Maybe I can find something else. Grow a pair, Yue, and get in!