War With Heaven (woxihuandiyue)

Story by: woxihuandiyue

Author of:

"Ex Animo",

"DiYue One Shots",

"Becoming A Fanboy And Everything That Follows",

"Love You Better",

"Consequences"

Title of the story: "War With Heaven"

Song: "War With Heaven" by keshi

"Might go to war with Heaven For keepin' me away from you, so long

For keepin' me away from you, so long."

Do you believe in guardian angels? If your answer is no, then I envy you. Because yes, they do exist.

No. Not all of them are in heaven. And no, not all of them are with you since you're born. Your guardian angel can change from one angel to another.

Another no. No, I don't have wings. I am not in heaven. I'm not even an angel. But I am a guardian.

You see, angels can get really busy. They see to it that every new born is protected by someone who's one of them. And since a lot of babies are born everyday, others who aren't that young are given to guardians. Like me. A human being given by the heavens a task to protect someone, to try and save someone. Especially people who are rebellious. We try to save them from going to hell when they die.

It's not an easy job. I have to live as a human being, but also do my job as a guardian. If only I was born with a different bloodline, maybe I wouldn't have to suffer this much.

I just don't get how angels who are so high above aren't enough to watch over people. Today, I asked them that question and as a result, I am punished. I am to watch over this girl, Shen Yue. Rumor has it, she's the worst-- drinking, clubbing, skipping classes, rude. Name it.

Just thinking about how to tame her makes my head ache already. I lied down on my bed. It's still my bed as long as I'm here, right? I let out a sigh. Tomorrow, I have to move again. To a place close to hers.

It's funny how I'm only 21 but I've already moved places like ten times or maybe even more. I don't really keep count.

Stupid Dylan. I shouldn't have asked that question. What was going through me that time?

Alright, enough with the introduction. My future is gonna be tough. I closed my eyes and slowly felt myself fall asleep.

---