Undying (fluffysugarsock)

Story by: @fluffysugarsock

Author of:

"An Impossible Romance",

"A Dream Of You",

"My Villain",

"Each Note",

"Pretend Love",

"Plutocratic",

"Where The Moon Meets The Sun"

Title of the story: "Undying"

Song: "My Heart Will Go On (Mandarin Version)"

Tianya Haijiao

The end of the sky and ocean.

A place of exile for officials who found themselves out of favor.

A place that Wang He Di, venerated General of the Emperor, has sought despite commanding the highest esteem amongst his peers because of news he has waited years to hear.

The blue of the sea awed him, a central plainer, but it brought him no peace.

His heart has been thundering in his chest since a week ago.

"General Shen has been found."

***

Mistress Wang has always worried for her son.

One would think that as the wife of the Prime Minister (who also was once a General active in campaigns for the Empire), she would have gotten used to the stress of having the men in her life be always in the line of fire.

But she's a flower that was preciously looked after by her family.

Before marriage, the most she has seen of blood is when she or any of her handmaids would be pricked by a needle during embroidery. Wars happened in the borders of the Empire.

They have never touched the capital throughout her life.

Her Father was a scholar and her Mother was the same as her - the daughter of a high-ranking official.

Her husband has never begrudged her secluded and pampered upbringing, but she knows that a lot of the Wang Family's retainers initially looked down on her.

Some of them still do.

But her husband's devotion to her has somehow kept intact the same mentality her parents raised her with.