(1)

Dream POV: (small mention of death)
My horse galloped on the dirt road as i rode back to the small town of Manburg, with my bounty tied up on the back of my horse yelling profusely to let him go and he 'did nothing wrong' i sighed annoyed.

"You did nothing wrong? Tell that to the family you took that little boy away from, and their horse that YOU stole, i don't wanna hear shit that you 'did nothing wrong'" i snapped.

My horse Spirit, nickered at me, as if telling me to calm down. I sighed and patted her neck, she is a good horse and i love her to death. I've had her since she was a foal, she had barely opened her eyes but she nuzzled into my chest to keep warm, i was seventeen then.

Now she is a 5 year old strong mare, that was with me through the beginning of my journey of being a bounty hunter.

I took the last turn, riding swiftly down the hill and into town, i whistled to tell her to slow down, she slowed to a trot and i stopped her right infront of the jail where the sheriff.

"HAHA! I TOLD YOU HE'D BRING HIM BACK ALIVE, WHERE'S MY 15 BUCKS KARL!?" My best friend Sapnap (or Nick) yelled, jumping up from his chair.

"Damn, i really thought he would kill this one," Karl muttered, handing Sapnap the money.

I smirked under my mask. They always did this weird ass shit of betting weather i'd kill the bounty or not, it was amusing to me.

The sheriff walked up to me smiling. "You caught that no good piece of dirt, thank you!"

"Anytime Phil," i hummed, as he handed me my pay of about 250$. Sapnap walked over

"So Dream, how hard was this one?" Sapnap asked, leaning against Spirit who huffed, her ears flicked, showing she was annoyed.

"You know i hate hunting bounties near the river, and she's going to step on you if you keep leaning on her," i said, adjusting my gloves.

"True," Sapnap hummed, pushing himself off the horse.

I stretched. "Welp, i'm gonna head on to bed, tonight was a long one."

"Alright big man, get some rest," Sapnap said, waving his goodbye with two fingers.

I chuckled and clicked my tongue, steering the white mare towards my home, it was a small shack on the edge of town, it was all i could afford at the time, and i was saving up to buy something newer, better, but this was home for now.

I sighed as i dismounted Spirit and took off her saddle, i hitched her to the post, seeing as i didn't have a nice stable for her like i wanted. I petted her and she let out a soft nicker.

"Soon baby, we will have a stable for you so you don't have to stay out in the cold," i whispered.

I threw a blanket over her back to keep out some of the cold, she shifted slightly. I smiled softly through my mask.

I opened my door and shut it gently after, i set my money in a safe spot for when i need it later. I sighed and took off my mask, avoiding any mirror i saw. I sighed, happy i could breathe, my dirty blonde locks falling slightly over my freckled face.

My lips curled in a soft smile as i sat down on the bed, i could finally sleep! There was a knock at the door, well, nevermind.

I grumbled and grabbed my mask and slipped it back on, i opened the door to see the mayor, i was shocked and annoyed, me and the mayor never really got along, he was rude and arrogant and didn't really care what others wanted. (No it's not Wilbur, it's a made up character)

"What do you want at," i checked my pocket watch. "Half past midnight?"

"Well, i saw that you were back and i wanted to ask you something Dream," he spat out my name as though he resented me as much as i resented him.

"Well, spit it out, i don't have all night," i huffed.

"Don't talk to me that way," he growled.

"Oh sorry i had a long day chasing down your bounties," i growled.

He sighed. "Whatever, i want you to train my son to be a bounty hunter, maybe then he'll straighten up."

I was shocked. "You... Have a son..?" I asked. Who would want to have a son with him?

"I wish i didn't, he is a disgrace to my family name and i want him gone, but i'm giving him one last chance before i throw him out of my life," he growled gritting his teeth angrily.

"Fine whatever i'll do it," i grumbled. How bad can this kid be?

I bid him good night before closing the door. I took off my mask again and changed before laying down on the bed, putting my hands behind my head and resting them there.

I laid awake for a few hours thinking. How come no one knew of the mayor's son? Why didn't he tell the people he had a son? So many questions whirled through my mind, keeping me awake. Though i did find a way to calm my mind down and fall into a gentle sleep.

Wc: 900

FIRST CHAPTER LET'S GOOOOO