(2)

Dream POV:
I woke up extremely early, around three in the morning, i didn't mean to, it just happened. I sighed and sat up and stretched. My back popped a few times and i let out a grunt, i blame my shit mattress.

I sighed again and got up from the bed, throwing off my thin blanket and walked over to my wardrobe, grabbing my gear and outfit for the day. I put on my holster and winced as i put the one around my upper thigh too tight.

I hissed with pain and immediately bent back down to loosen it, me and the skin on my thigh sighed with relief as the strap loosened. I made sure all of my guns knives and other items were in check in my holsters.

I tried to tame my wild dirty blonde hair as i combed it out and pulled some back into a loose man bun. I then grabbed my mask and slipped it over my face and grabbed a bucket near the door.

I opened my door and Spirit lifted her head. My lips curled in a soft smile as i saw her, i set down the bucket in front of her, it was already filled with water and i know she has grazed but i will make sure to feed her an apple or two later.

I set down the bucket and ran back inside, grabbing a few brushes and her saddle. I came back outside and took of the blanket from her back and started brushing her fur. This process always took hours but i never minded it, she loved it and so did i.

Soon the brushing session was over and i started to put on her saddle, she nickered softly as i lifted it onto her back.

"I know, you hate this part but bare through it for me girl," i whispered.

I fasten the saddle and make sure that it's not to tight and the stirrups were good and ready to go. Lastly i checked her horseshoes to make sure i don't need to change them, they were fine.

I unhitched her from the post and mounted her gently. Once both of us were comfortable i clicked my tongue, turning her to the road at a fast trot.

I figured to go get the kid from the mayors house and go out to the field to see what the kid could do. I walked up to the door and knocked loud enough to be heard seeing as the house was quite large, something i was always envious for.

The grumpy mayor opened the door and huffed. "Upstairs last door on the left."

I nodded and stepped inside and went up the stairs. I went down the semi long hallway and knocked on the correct door before opening it.

As i opened it i expected to see a clone of the boy's father, but what i saw shocked me. On the bed i saw a grumpy and sleepy boy who looked nothing like his father, he was about 5'7-8 with fluffy brunette hair and soft pale skin and doe brown eyes that shone with irritation.

"Who the fuck are you?" He asked grumpily. Now i see the resemblance...

"I'm Dream, th-the town bounty hunter," i murmured, looking down at the floor. He's beautiful...

He huffed, annoyed. "So my dad wants you to teach me to be a bounty hunter?"

I'm not sure if i can, he's really scrawny, and pale- has he ever seen the sun!?

"Yeah, he said it would 'straighten you up'" i said, using my fingers as air quotes.

He scoffed. "Whatever, let's just get this over with."

He followed me out of the house and we stoped in front of Spirit. I grabbed her reins and i was waiting for him to get on but instead he turned to me annoyed.

"Why are we just standing here?" He asked.

"Get on the horse," i said bluntly.

He huffed and stayed quiet for a second, then mumbled something incoherent.