(20)

George POV:
Arms wrapped around my middle as she hugged me. Tears filled my eyes as I hugged her back, I buried my head in her neck, she looked just like my mother in all of the portraits my father had of her.

"Oh George, you don't know how long it took to find you," she whispered.

"Were we not in the same town when you ran away?" I asked.

"No, we lived just outside of Pogtopia, near Armadillo," Anne said.

"You look like her," we both said at the same time.

"What? No way I look like Stephen!" I said, chuckling a bit.

"You look nothing like him, you look like Laura, our mum," She smiled. "How old are you now?"

"20, about to be 21," I said softly.

"When's your birthday?" She asked. "I wasn't there when you were born, so I don't know the date."

"November 1st," George smiled.

(Bro I hate my Government teacher so much, I was talking to my friend about why I don't like going outside and he got SO PRESSED ABOUT IT. LIKE JFC WAS I TALKING TO YOU!?)

"I was born July 1st," she said, smiling back at me.

I found myself laughing. I couldn't help myself and I hugged her again, giggling giddily in her shoulder. She let out a laugh and hugged me again.

Someone clearing their throat caught our attention and we turned to the rest of the group, Dream crossing his arms across his chest.

"Awh, what? Are you jealous?" J teased.

"I didn't clear my throat, Sapnap did," Dream said nonchalantly.

"Wha- YOU ASS-"

"Shut it! Let's just go inside," Karl scolded.

We went inside, it being a little crowded with five people but it wasn't too bad. Me and Dream sat on the bed while Anne and Karl sat on the couch and Sapnap sat in a chair.

"So George, who are they?" Anne asked, looking around the room.

"Right, next to me is Dream, he's teaching me how to be a bounty hunter, next to you is Karl, he's a vet that specializes in horses, and over there is Sapnap, he is the deputy of Manberg," I introduced.

"you're gonna be a bounty hunter?" She asked, looking me up and down.

"Well, he's trying," Dream said. "We got a little side tracked but he's getting better, not gun slinger level, more like a man who can defend himself."

"It just seemed like he was a little too skinny to be a bounty hunter," she said, looking me up and down again.

I frowned and covered my body, feeling a little upset. It wasn't my fault that I have been malnourished for years on end. She got to run away from it all, she had the chance to get away from it. I didn't.

"Did he not feed you?" She asked.

"No, not really, he didn't like me. He said I was the reason my mom died, he blamed me for her death," I muttered.

Arms wrapped around me and I leaned into Dream's side. I didn't need to say anything for him to know that I was upset.

"Well, we've had a long day of traveling, we haven't slept in beds in about four days, it's time for some rest," Dream said, semi firm tone.

"Ah, yes, you're right, George, come, you can sleep in my spare room," Anne smiled, extending her hand.

"I'd prefer to stay with Dream, you may be my sister, but you are still a stranger," I murmured.

"But we're family, you don't trust family?" Anne asked, hurt.

"To be honest, I don't, the last family I had, kept me locked in my room for 20 years," I snapped. "So don't get upset at me for being anxious."

"I understand, I'll see you tomorrow," she said, very bothered.

She lead Karl and Sapnap to an extra place in the traiding place. While I leaned even more into Dream's embrace.

"Are you okay honey?" Dream whispered.

"Not really, she's really pushy," I murmured, curling up, to feel smaller.

"I know, but I think she's just excited that you're here," Dream said, pulling George closer, holding him to his chest.

"I hope you're right, lovely," I said. Snuggling closer and giggling. "Did you see the way Sapnap looked at Karl?"

"Yeah I did, if those two aren't together by the end of it, then I swear I might lose it," Dream laughed.

George laughed along with him, before sighing and snuggling closer. Humming in his content.

"George?" Dream asked softly.

"Yes, Dream?" I replied, looking back up at him with a little smile.

"What are you gonna do about your dad?" Dream asked hesitantly.

"To be honest," George started, his words slow and tired. "I really don't know."

Dream hugged him close, kissing his head and mumbling sweet reassuring words into his hair. Starting to hum him a lullaby as well.

I thought it was a little tacky but I loved it anyway, his voice was soft and comforting. I loved the feeling of Dream's chest rumbling with his humming and it slowly lulled me to sleep.

The next morning I awake to birdsong. I hummed and slowly stretched, my joints cracking and popping with relief as I looked at his boyfriend who was still sleeping peacefully.

I smiled and gently brushed his hair out of his face, watching as his nose scrunched and his eyes slowly flutter open.

"Good morning sleepy," I cooed.

Dream just sneezed.

"Ew- you got snot on me!" I cringed, squirming out of his grip and wiping it off with a handkerchief that he kept in his pocket. Dream started laughing at me as I glared at him from across the room.

"C'mon snoty, let's go and get some breakfast before Sapnap and Karl eat it all," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Snoty? Really?" Dream asked, facening his mask to his face.

"Yes! You know the reason so I'm not gonna explain it. Deal with it bimbo!" I joked.

"Bimbo? That's a new one," Dream snickered.

"Shut up, let's go, I'm getting hangry," I laughed.

Wc: 1019

Song: I lived

I have probably done the song before but rn all I want is a coffee (i stayed up all night it is 6:18 AM as I type this omfg-)

𝕊𝕠𝕝💙