(10)

Dream POV:
I sighed as I sat down on the unfamiliar bed, it wasn't like home, it was bigger and roomier, I wasn't sure if I liked that or not yet. There was a knock on my door and I reluctantly got up, putting on my mask before opening the door.

A young woman handed me a letter, I smiled under my mask knowing it was my letter about George, I would be starting my journey home tomorrow, and I knew I would see him soon.

I thanked her gently and took the letter, I practically ran to my bed, throwing off my mask and opening the letter with a soft smile.

Dream,
When you get this letter I hope that you get here soon, George is in trouble, his father took him back after finding him in the field with Karl, I was going to send you a different letter days ago, but I had that one revoked as I heard what happened.

Please get home soon, we tried to climb to his window to get him out but there are bars in the way and there's nothing that Phil can do, please get here soon.

Godspeed,
Sapnap.

Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I finished the letter, I shouldn't have left... I thought. If I hadn't left George would be safe, he would be in my arms and safe.

I grabbed my gear and walked out to the stables, saddling up Spirit and making sure it was tight (not right enough to but her of course).

I grabbed Spirit's reins and pulled her out of the stables, getting stopped by a young woman, the same woman who gave me the letter. She looked at me with a solemn look before smiling gently.

"Save him," she said. "His father is a cruel man."

I nodded and mounted my horse, I didn't know how she knew what I was doing, but I did know that she knew George, and I want to know-how.

"How do you know him?"

She walked up to the mare, petting her now silver fur due to the moonlight.

"That doesn't matter now, bring him here once you get him back, he's not safe," she said, desperation I could not explain was in her doe brown eyes.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"My name is Anne, now go!" She snapped.

I kicked my horse, making her nicker, and sprinted off at a full gallop, knowing that George needed me, I'll need to conserve my energy. I slowed Spirit down and hoped we would be able to ride for a while.

Though soon, as I hoped wouldn't happen, the mare became tired, and could no longer run, so we moved along at a steady trot to keep her going, it was a race against time, and time wasn't on our side.

"C'mon girl, I know you don't like George that much but I don't know what I would do without him, I need him, and without him, I won't survive," I said solemnly.

As if she knew what I had said, she pushed herself to a canter, if we ride through the night and take a quick break in the morning we should be there in two days maybe three.

The hours of the night were long, and the steady hoof beats of my horse and the thought of George were enough to keep me awake. I look to the horizon beside me as the sun began to peek its way through the trees and soon the open grass of the plains. I stooped at a nearby mangrove to feed my horse and get some water.

I thought about Anne, how did she know who I was going to get, did she read the letter? If she did, why? Did she have a connection with George? I shook the thoughts from my head and got into my saddlebag, searching for some food.

I pulled out an apple and gave it to Spirit, she did good and deserved a treat. I got some precooked meat out for me before I took off the sweaty saddle to let the mare rest for a few hours. I set up camp and allowed myself to relax.

I knew I couldn't fully relax knowing George wasn't safe, knowing my George wasn't safe. I sighed and took off my mask, taking in the smell of fresh air, whining at the fact that I was cold. I forgot my blanket and I didn't have a spare. Fuck.

I sighed and just froze, I guess this is karma for leaving George, I deserve it. I sighed, going back to the happy memories with George, I smiled softly as my heart warmed and my stomach exploded with butterflies.

"Oh lord," I muttered. "I'm so in love."

I giggled softly as I realize how in love I am. I shook my head and my eyes felt heavy, I allowed myself to slip into unconsciousness.

When I open my eyes I look around and I see well, Manburg, but then I hear it, a scream. I know that God damn scream. I thought. I whipped my head around to see George, pinned with his back against his father's chest, a revolver pointed to his head.

"NO!" I screamed, but they couldn't hear me.

I tried to run forward but it was like time slowed and I couldn't run at all. I saw George struggle in the heavier man's grip, letting outright filled wails and begging for someone to help him. But everyone in town ignored his calls for help.

"WHY ARE YOU ALL IGNORING HIM? DO SOMETHING!" I screamed at the nearby townsfolk.

"There ain't nothin' we can do, he goin' six feet under my friend," a man said with a nonchalant shrug.

My eyes widened as I looked back at my brunette who was still struggling and crying out loudly. I tried to run forward again, to no avail, I could hear what he was screaming out now and it was breaking every bit of my heart, shattering it to pieces.

"LET ME GO! LET ME SEE HIM! I LOVE HIM!" George cried.

"SHUT. UP."

Bang.

I shot up with a loud gasp. My body was shaky and I was drenched in sweat as I checked my surroundings. I was still in the marsh of Thieves Landing (based on Rdr) and I let out a shaky sigh, running a weak hand through my dampened hair.

"I guess this is my sign to keep moving," I muttered.

I grabbed my saddle and fastened it around the white mare who whined her objection. I cooed at her until her nickering faded and I mounted her calmly and pushed her off at a gentle canter.

Don't worry George, I'll be there soon.

Wc: 1134

Song: Tommyinnit

Sorry, this took so long, writers block is a pain in my ass 💙