(4)

George POV:
My eyes fluttered open, i notice how warm i was and i hesitated from moving. I yawned and went to sit up when something on my waist stopped me. I looked down and saw that Dream's arms were wrapped tightly around me.

I looked on the bedside table and his mask sat there untouched for hours. I panicked, i didn't want to turn around so i just laid there and acted asleep for a while. Soon his grip loosened and he let go, i heard him grab his mask and getting up out of the bed.

"I have to go now little one," he whispered. "Behave for your father please, i don't want to see you hurt."

He ran his fingers through my hair and i leaned into his touch, it was nice and comforting. I felt... Safe.

"Cute," i could hear the smile in his tone as he caressed my scalp.

Soon he released his soothing touch and the window closed as he left. I sat up and blushed, remembering the events of the night prior. I got up and changed into something more flexible seeing as Dream will having me doing weird ass shit.

When i was done changing i tried to open the door but it seems that dad had locked the door. I felt tears well up in my eyes and i hoped that Dream would come soon.

Dream POV:
I didn't want to leave... Why didn't i want to leave? Was the question that was stuck in my head on my way home. I quickly pit on Spirit's saddle and ran back to George's hoping he was okay.

I knocked on the door and it took a whole five minutes before the mayor opened the door, it was obvious the other man was drunk, seeing the half empty pitcher of whiskey in his palm.

"The key to his bedroom is in the table drawer next to the door," the mayor slurred.

He locked the door!? What the actual fuck!? I brushed past him and quickly went up the stairs, my heart broke as i heard soft sobs through the door, i quickly grabbed the key and opened the door.

I saw George on the bed, he was crying but he had his comforter in his mouth to muffle his saddened sobs. I quickly walked over to the bed and hugged him close.

"D-Dream?" He cried.

"Yes George, i'm here," i whispered.

He hugged me tightly as i pulled him close to my chest. I started to hush him softly, telling him that i was here and that everything is okay.

I picked him up and started walking out of the house, i took no notice to his father who was sleeping on the couch as i carefully opened the door and left.

I carried George over to Spirit and we got on the horse with him on my lap, hiding his face in the crook of my neck. His warm tears steadily flowing as he continued to let out sobs.

Soon the two reached the field and George's sobs had reduced to sniffles and hiccups and his eyes were puffy.

"Are you alight?" I asked.

"Yeah," George mumbled. "Let's just, get on with our lesson."

I nodded and decided what we were gonna do. I was gonna teach him how to ride a horse, he doesn't know and it won't be too hard.

"George, today you're gonna learn how to ride a horse," i said. He nodded and i helped him up off the grass and over near Spirit.

He hopped up on the horse which i was glad he remembered how and was proud that he didn't fall off.

"Now, to make her go forward, you either click your tongue twice, loud enough so she can hear, or you can gently kick her with your heel," i said.

"Make sure not to yell while you're on her, for some odd reason she has no problem of gunshots but when it comes to yelling she freaks out," i laughed.

George nodded. "Try and make her go forward at a walk," i urged.

George kicked her but he did it way. Too. Hard. She sprinted off at full speed and he ended up falling off.

I couldn't keep it in as i let out a loud wheeze. George sat up and glared at me as i doubled over with laughter, that was amazing.

When i finally calmed down i whistled for Spirit to come to me, she soon trotted over and George got back on her angrily, causing her ears to fold down, and she was beating he front hoof on the ground, she was going to buck.

"George get off of her," i said, quickly.

"What why?" Too late-

Spirit reared and let out a loud neigh as she did. I laughed and helped George up and calmed Spirit down before walking back over to George with her reins in my hand.

"When i say get off the horse, it means get off the horse," i said in a low tone.

A light hue of pink spread across his cheeks and he quickly looked away. He's too cute for his own good.. I thought. I knew i was attracted to him, do i care, no.

George walked back over to the mare and i walked over to him before he hoisted himself on.

"Get on calmly, otherwise she'll just buck again," i instructed.

George nodded and hoisted himself up slowly and calmly. Petting the horses neck as he did. She nickered softly in response.

"There you go," i praised, smiling under my mask, taking the rains from him. "Seeing as you don't know how to ride, we'll get you used to her walking."

I started to walk forward and Spirit being the loyal horse she is, followed. George gasped softly and gripped onto her mane causing her to let out an annoyed nicker.

I stopped her and took his hands off the mare's mane and on the saddle.

"Hold here," i said sternly, he just nodded.

I lead Spirit on again and she followed George seemed to be fine until he seemed to hear something.

"Wait stop!" George said.

I stopped her. "What's wrong?"

"Listen!" He snapped.

That's when i heard it. "Rattlesnake."

I looked around in the tall grass and i found it, rattling it's tail and hissing at me, i slowly pulled out my pistol from my side holster, tankful that i had grabbed it before i left and took aim as slow as i could.

As soon as i had the shot lined up i pulled the trigger, the snake went flying backwards, dead. George jumped and i just put my gun back in it's holster.

"You might wanna look away, this gets gruesome," i said, pulling out my skinning knife.

George obliged without another word. I quickly skinned the Snake, hoping to sell ot later to get some extra bucks. I placed the skin in my side bag before walking back over to George.

"Alright, let's head back, we stayed up pretty late last night," i said, yawning widely.

George looked at me before grabbing a cloth from the satchel he brought and grabbed my jaw, i blushed as he pulled me closer and my heart was pounding out of my chest.

"You got blood on your mask- idiot," he mumbled, i was close enough to hear.

"I'm not the idiot if i keep falling off horses," i sneered.

"Shut the fuck up and take me home," George growled.

I rolled my eyes (fondly) and got on the horse so that i was in front of him. The ride home was silent and he only mumbled when i said goodbye. Ouch.

Wc: 1293

I'm running out of songs to suggest- i'mma have you guys do it, say your favorite song in the comments ig 💙