(17)

Day 4

George POV:
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO RIDE NEXT TO SAPNAP!?" I yelled as the taller blonde winced at my outrage.

After Sapnap scared me like that I didn't want ANYTHING TO DO WITH HIM. Like the nerve, he had to fucking make me have a god damn panic attack and now I have to ride next to him!? Hell no!

"George. I don't want to hear it. You two need to settle your differences. Talk it out. We still have one more day of travel and I don't want to hear you two bickering," Dream said.

I rolled my eyes and saddled up my horse. I started to talk to my horse, I like talking to Auburn a lot.

"Can you believe the nerve of those Auburn?" I asked angrily.

The horse in turn nickered with the same tone of voice I had.

"I know! Ugh!" I groaned.

I tightened the saddle a little, making sure not to pinch the horse's skin with the buckle. I checked the stirrup to make sure it wouldn't fall off if I tried to get on.

I was good to go and I patted Auburn's shoulder before sliding into the saddle. We trotted over to the rest of the group and I stopped my horse as Dream walked over, laying a bag across the back of the saddle.

"Do I have to ride with Sapnap? Why can't you?" I whined.

"Because you two need to talk things out, I don't need you both acting like children," Dream said sternly.

"Ugh," I pouted.

"You'll do fine, love," Dream said, patting my thigh.

I rolled my eyes as Dream slipped his mask on and mounted Spirit. Next thing I knew we were on the road, the road was wide enough to have two horses at a time which is why we rode with Karl and Dream at the front and me and Sapnap at the back.

The silence was uncomfortable, I tried my best to ignore it but it was gnawing at me like a pack of wolves.

"George?" Sapnap asked.

"What?" I replied coldly.

"I wanted to apologize for how o acted towards you for the past few days," Sapnap said.

I stayed silent, deciding to hear him out a bit more. I wanted to understand why he was acting like this, everything happens for a reason.

"I have always had an issue with my temper, and the stress of travel wasn't helping any and sometimes you can get on my nerves," Sapnap chuckled, I chuckled a bit too. "Well I assume I get on your nerves too, seeing the way I acted and shit."

"I can understand having a problem with a short temper. My father has had one my entire life, blaming me for my mother's death and trust me, having a grudge for 20 years is impressive enough," I laughed, Sapnap smiled.

"So, we good?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I'm still mad at you for fucking up my beautiful face," I joked.

"Nah you're face ain't beautiful, Dream has been lying to you out of pity," Sapnap said in a joking tone.

Dream whipped around and glared at the smaller, even through the mask you could tell it was one of those angry dad looks that says "be nice"

"Damn chill, I was joking, jeez," Sapnap muttered.

"You better be," Dream growled.

The dirty blonde then turned to facea head, while me and Sapnap looked at one another and laughed. Surprisingly I found myself enjoying his company, he's not Dream by any means but he was still nice to talk to and very around.

After being stuck in a house for 17 years having little human interaction was very lonely, but now, I have friends and a boyfriend! (Which is very illegal but still!) I have never smiled this much and I leave surprisingly my father to thank for it!

Thanks to him, I met my friends and the love of my life. Which is really weird to think, like a few hours ago we acted like we hated each others guts. But now, now it's like we've been friends for years.

Dream POV:
I smiled as I heard the two laughing and getting along. The more that I think about it. The more i love George's laugh.

"How did you know that would work?" Karl asked, looking over at me.

I laughed and shrugged. "I didn't."

"So you just winged it?" Karl asked.

"Well I figured it was a 50 50 chance of them getting along or just hating each other more," I said.

"You're an idiot. And I respect that ," Karl said with a smile.

I smiled back and urged Spirit to a canter, wanting to speed things up a bit. Karl noticed and did the same. It was only a few seconds later before we heard.

"SHIT! GEORGE GO!" From Sapnap.

"HEY!" From George.

"You guys left us!" Sapnap said as he caught up.

"Dream I feel betrayed," George pouted.

"Why are y'all blaming me!? You should have been paying attention!" I exclaimed.

"But you almost left me behind," George said.

I looked back at him to see that he was fiddling with the loose reigns on Auburn's bridle.

"Hey. Look at me," I said firmly.

George reluctantly shifted his big doe eyes to meet mine and I smiled before lifting up my mask and meeting his eyes.

"I will never leave you behind, okay?" I asked, grabbing his hand.

George giggled and nodded. I smiled and blew him a kiss before flicking my mask back down over my face and facing forward.

"Ew... y'all are disgusting," Sapnap complained.

"You'll get it one day Sappy," Dream called.

"What the fuck does that supposed to mean!?" Sapnap yelled.

I just laughed, continuing forward, to be honest. This was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I now have a boyfriend, and me and my friends are closer than ever.

We pulled off to the side. Laying down and getting ready for dinner, seeing as no one was really hungry for lunch earlier. George once again went to go get fire wood and I pecked his cheek, muttering a soft 'stay safe' as he left.

"I'll be fine, don't worry about me, love," he giggled.

I smiled at the sound. And watched as he walked away. I laid down as Sapnap started to cook a rabbit he shot earlier and was telling a story about how he once watched a pack of wolves take on a black bear.

It was all fine, until a scream echoed through the shadows.

Wc: 1104

Song: rolling in the deep

𝕊𝕠𝕝 💙