(13)

George POV:
I was saddling up Auburn, I was in charge of the food since I was deemed the most responsible. Dream was head of the water, Karl was head of the horses making sure that they were fed and had water, and Sapnap was on the lookout to make sure no one snuck up on us.

Sapnap was first on watch tonight, then Dream, then Karl, then me, they said it was because I was still learning and had the least experience.

So we set off towards our first checkpoint of Thieves Landing. Thieves Landing (in case you have forgotten) is the worst place you could go to spend the night, little to no law of authority, criminals everywhere, and to make things even better the entire thing is surrounded by marshlands. Great.

Day 1

I looked at the horizon, it wouldn't be long before we reached the outskirts of the swamps of Thieves Landing. Our horses were at a steady canter, Dream was leading with me close behind. Karl was behind me and Sapnap taking the rear, shotgun in hand.

The road was narrow so we had to stay in a single file which made the horses uneasy. I would pat the side of Auburn's neck and praise him every so often, it helps calm him down.

I was looking out at the scenery of the marsh, sure it was disgusting to hear the horses trudge through the mud and puddles. But this time of year was when the flowers bloomed on the vines of the trees, making them look absolutely beautiful. I was so distracted that I wasn't paying attention to the horses, they started to get anxious, even Spirit.

"Dream, the horses are getting antsy! Something's wrong!" Karl called out.

"It's just the darkness of the swamp, keep moving, they'll be fine!" Dream called back.

Dream was wrong, there was a storm coming in. Oh? How did I know? Because of the large clap of thunder that boomed across the sky not even two minutes after he said that.

Of course, the horses got spooked and started to buck, me and Karl we're able to calm our horses down, Dream soon after but Sapnap was having trouble with Night and calming him down.

"GEORGE HOW DID YOU CALM THIS FUCKER DOWN!?" Sapnap yelled.

"Well first of all stop yelling," I deadpanned.

Sapnap calmed himself the best he could on a bucking horse and I explained to him what to do. After what seemed like an hour, Night finally settled down and we continued to Thieves Landing.

It doesn't take long to get there and when we did we noticed it was very different from Manburg, most of the windows of the town were shattered, and the wood was all creaking. Yet the town was full of people.

Some were kind enough to tip their hats to us as we passed. Others looked at us with an intimidating scowl. We hitched our horses at a saloon, seeing as it had rooms on the upper level.

Dream booked two rooms, one for Karl and Sapnap, the other for me and Dream. We went up to our rooms and we sighed with relief.

"This is our last night in a bed George, so rest up, these next few nights may be uncomfortable," Dream said solemnly.

I took off his mask, kissing his lips gently.

"I don't care, as long as you're here I'm happy," I said softly.

"Oh?" He smirked, wrapping his arms around my waist. "Then I guess I could say the same."

"Are you saying that because you mean it or are you just saying it so I don't outsmart you on your cheesy words?" I mused, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Oh honey, you could never outsmart me with cheesy words," he cooed.

"Mm, I guess you're right there," I murmured, starting to sway us from side to side.

"I love you," he whispered, pressing his forehead against mine.

"I love you too," I said softly.

He picked me up and placed me gently on the bed, peppering my face with kisses. He helped me take off my corset and I sighed with relief when the fabric loosened against my skin.

There was a knock on the door and Dream sighed dramatically before getting up and putting on his mask before opening the door.

"Oh, hey Sap, what's up?" I heard Dream say.

"I'm gonna go get a few drinks at the bar, wanna come?" Sapnap asked.

"No, I don't trust myself not to get drunk, and I trust that you won't either," Dream warned.

"C'mon man! Have some trust in me! I promise I won't get drunk, it's just a few drinks!"

"Okay, if you do get drunk, you better not fucking complain about your fucking hangover, if you do, I will murder you," Dream spat.

"Got it, jeez, calm down," Sapnap scolded.

"I'm trusting you," Dream said closing the door. "Now, where were we?"

Dream crawled back in bed with me, wrapping his arms around me as he kissed my lips. I kissed back and smiled as he placed a gentle hand against my cheek.

We kissed for a while before Dream turned off the oil lamp on the bedside table. He continued to kiss me, it wasn't rough though, it was soft, gentle, passionate, and it was sloppy but in the best way.

We pulled apart and I laid my head on his chest, loving the warmth he provided. He started to run his fingers through my hair. I sighed at the feeling, it was nice, even after a stressful day like this, it felt nice to be cuddled up in his arms and have my head massaged.

"Dream?" I said softly.

"Yes, love?" He answered.

"What would you do if we got separated?" I asked.

"I'd tear up the entire world to get you back where you're safe, in my arms," Dream said, there was no hesitation either, my heart melted.

"Awh, that's sweet," I mumbled.

Dream chuckled. "Get some rest baby, we have got a long way to go tomorrow."

"Okay, good night, I love you," I mumbled.

"Good night baby, I love you too."

And with that, there was silence, I heard Dream fall asleep and I felt comforted by the sound of his steady heartbeat and steady breaths. I found myself falling asleep too, loving the feeling of my lover's arms being wrapped around me.

Wc: 1077

No song, now watch me disappear for a month >:)

𝕊𝕠𝕝 💙