(9)

Karl POV:
"I'm really worried about George Sap," I said, messaging my temples.

Sapnap had invited me over so he could make his infamous tea and biscuits to calm me down after almost having a panic attack about George.

Dream has been gone for a week now, and George had been getting worse and worse, he hasn't been eating properly nor drinking properly. On top of that, he never leaves the little hut that Dream lived in, he stayed curled in their bed holding Dream's ring to his chest and crying for hours until he fell asleep.

"I know, I'm worried too Karl, that's why I sent a letter to Dream, so he knows what to do when he gets back," Sapnap said nonchalantly.

"WHAT!?" I exclaimed, slamming my hands on the table.

"What?" Sapnap asked.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" I screamed.

"Because he told me to..?" Sapnap looked confused, this moron...

"He needs to focus on his bounty!" I growled.

"He told me to do that!" Sapnap retorted. "He told me to tell him how George was doing when he got there so he knew what to do when he got here!"

I slammed my hands on the table again. "This will make him worry, and he'll get hurt! If he comes back hurt I'm blaming you!"

(Not me almost telling my dad that the oculus gets a bit quirky at night)

"Are you that blind!? THEY'RE LOVERS," Sapnap said loudly.

My eyes widened, why didn't I see it before? I know when George is hiding something, or I usually did, he was bad at lying and I could usually tell. Were we falling apart?

"Karl?" Sapnap asked.

"Just leave me alone for a bit," I muttered.

Without saying another word, I got up and left, leaving Sapnap in the kitchen with his thoughts. I slammed the door, walking over to the stables saddling up Lasagna (yes after his fish), and rushing out to the field.

I jumped off landing on the grass, I needed to clear my head, it started to rain but I could care less. I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"I'm guessing you needed to clear your head too?" A soft British voice spoke behind me, I don't need to turn to know who it was.

"You could say that," I muttered.

George sat next to me, looking out to the cloudy sky, he sighed next to me looking down at his feet, I knew what he was thinking about.

"Thinking about him?" I asked softly, turning my gaze to him.

He nodded sadly. "I had a dream about him last night, and that just makes this feeling so much worse."

"So that's what was on your mind," I guessed. He nodded.

After a moment of comfortable silence, he spoke again. "So, why are you here?"

"Oh, just thinking about something Sap did that I didn't agree to, we had a light quarrel about it," I shrugged.

"What was it about?" George asked. I can't tell him, he'll get mad...

"It's nothing too important," I lied.

George nodded. I hated it when I lied to George, he was so sweet and doesn't deserve the bad things that happens to him.

The sound of thundering hoof steps interrupted us, we looked over to see the mayor on his pitch-black horse angrily riding towards us. I was honestly surprised that the horse could hold his weight-

"Karl! I told you not to step near my son again!" The mayor spat, pulling out his flintlock pistol.

George jumped to his feet. "STOP!"

"Step aside boy, this quarrel doesn't concern you!" His father growled as his horse scraped her hoof against the floor.

"He is helping me with my training! Dream said he could help me!" George explained frantically.

"Well Dream isn't here now is he!?" The mayor snapped.

"Please... Just leave him alone," George whispered.

"Fine, but you're coming with me boy," the mayor spat, snatching George by the arm and hoisting him up onto the horse.

"Can I go and get my horse-"

"No!" The mayor interrupted.

They rode off, leaving me frozen in the wet field.

George POV:
My father shoved me off the horse as she was galloping, I rolled and landed safely in a crouch, thankful that Dream taught me that if I ever need to jump off a galloping horse.

"You little shit!" Father yelled frustrated.

I yelped and tried to get up and run away, but he caught me just before I could. I let out a cry as he dragged me back into the house.

"NO!" I screamed, struggling more against his grip.

"Shut up!" He spat, holding my arms behind my back and yanking me into the house.

He threw me onto the wooden floors of the house, winded, I gasped, coughing as I tried to breathe. I went to sit up but my father placed his foot on my chest, pushing me back down to the ground.

"I have been your father for you 20 years of life, and you run off to an ex-worker THAT YOU KNOW IS FORBIDDEN TO EVER SPEAK TO YOU AGAIN!?" My father screamed, spit sputtering onto my face.

I coughed, unable to answer as he put more pressure on my chest. He picked me up again and dragged me back up to my room, he threw me in slamming the door and locking it. I immediately ran to the window, but to my dismay, he had put bars on my windows!

This really is a prison now. I thought bitterly. I grabbed Dream's ring, holding it to my chest and stuffing a sob. I laid down on the bed, scared. I changed into something more comfortable.

I didn't know how long I'd be in here so I might as well sleep through most of it. I put on the run and sighed as I wrenched the covers out of their neatly tucked spot on the bed. (It's like when you're at a hotel and you're trying to adjust and you have to yank the damn blankets)

I crawled into the warmth of the covers, though it wasn't nearly as comfortable and comforting as Dream. I sighed and soon fell asleep not wanting to think about my current situation.

Wc: 1050

Song: H A L L S

💙