(8)

George POV:
I laid against Dream's chest with a sleepy smile. Dream and I have been dating in secret for a few days now, and I've been getting stronger by the day. We had just gotten back from the field, we were training in the field, (also having a pretty heated make-out session) and riding our horses.

Dream says that soon he'll trust me with a gun and start training me with a pistol and soon a rifle. Dream was running his fingers through my damp hair, we had just bathed and were now curled up on his slightly lumpy mattress.

"Dream?" I asked.

"Yes, baby?" Dream hummed.

"Will things get any better for you?" I asked. "Father hasn't given you any bounties in a week," I said worriedly.

"Don't worry about that love, I can always hunt and sell what I got," Dream murmured. "I heard that wolf pelts are worth about 18 bucks a wolf, I have a few of those."

"Will you be able to get by off of animal pelts?" I asked, pressing my palm to his chest, rubbing my thumb in an up-down motion.

Dream placed his larger hand on top of mine, running his thumb along my knuckles, trying to calm my nerves. Although the movement was small and he wasn't doing much, it was working.

"Don't worry love," he repeated. "Everything will be fine."

I sighed, leaning into his touch, he started rubbing my back, he kissed my head, and soon we both fell asleep in each other's embrace, feeling warm and safe.

The next morning:
I woke up the next morning with Dream sitting on the side of the bed, looking at me with his mask over his face and caressing my side with his thumb.

"I'm sorry baby, I have a bounty, but it's in Tall Trees," Dream said. (Random name).

"What, but that's so far! Can I come with you?" I asked desperately, Dream shook his head.

"I'm so sorry love, you"re not ready, and I'm not putting your life on the line," Dream said.

Tears filled my eyes, Dream noticed. "Awh bubba, don't cry."

He brought me to his chest and I started to sob into his shoulder. It was at least a five-day trip there, how long would it be before he got back.

"I'll be gone for two weeks days baby, I'll be back before you know it," Dream whispered.

D-don't die Dream, I need you," I said, sobbing softly.

"I'll be here for you love, always," Dream whispered. "George."

He pulled me out of the hug and cupped my cheeks, wiping my tears away with his thumbs. He took his mask off and kissed the tip of my nose.

"I want you to take this George," he said, taking off his ring and placing it in my palm, enclosing my fingers around it.

"I can't Dream you always wear this ring," I said.

"I want you to have it so that I'm with you, always," Dream said, kissing me.

I kissed back as more tears slipped down my cheeks. The kiss slowly progressed and sooner than I realized, Dream's tongue was in my mouth, once again exploring every nook and cranny inside.

Sooner than I wanted, Dream pulled away, pressing his head against mine. I looked into his eyes as he looked into mine, his eyes had a saddened glint, and tears filled his eyes as well.

"I'll miss you, so much," I said softly.

"And I you love," he whispered.

Dream got up and grabbed his mask, putting it on before leaving, I went to the door, watching as he mounted Spirit who was saying her goodbye to Auburn.

The horses have gotten closer over the past few weeks withing training together, seeing as they would graze together, and I and Dream would often see them chasing each other through the fields.

The horses pressed their heads together and I kissed Dream's gloved hand one last time. Well, for a while at least.

"I'm gonna miss you," I whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you too Georgie," he said back, it hurt to see Dream like this but we had no choice...

He gently pushed me away from the mare, clicking his tongue to get the mare to leave the town at a steady trot. As soon as they left the bridge they started galloping, I watched as the two rode away, sadness filling my already tear-filled eyes. I saddled up Auburn, and ran to the field, with my tear-filled eyes, my vision was blurred and I couldn't see straight.

Auburn's hoof got stuck on an exposed root, Auburn let out a panicked cry before we both hit the dust ground, my vision fading rapidly.

Time skip
I woke up in an unfamiliar room, I got scared and backed up on the mattress. Someone walked in and I relaxed as I realized it was Karl.

"Hi George, how ya feeling buddy?" He asked softly.

"I'm fine, but how did I get here?" I asked. "Where is here?"

"Oh! You're in my bed, me and Sap found you in the field unconscious with Auburn in the same condition next to you," Karl explained. "We were able to wake up Auburn, he's in the stables."

"Is he okay!?" I asked in a scared tone.

"Yes, now care to explain why we found you in the field alone and unconscious in the field?" Karl said, crossing his arms over his chest.

I sighed, starting to explain everything to Karl, the talk with Dream the run with Auburn the root, everything. Karl was sympathetic and hugged me right.

"I just, ugh! I wish he would have taken me with," I growled.

"It's a dangerous job, he just wants to protect you, he doesn't want to put your life on the line for something he was burdened with," Karl said.

"But my Father burdened me with it too," I whispered.

"That nam is not your father, he treats you like you're nothing," Karl snorted.

I just sighed, nodding my head, my mind going back to Dream, I miss him, and it hurts that he's not here. Tears filled my eyes again and Karl noticed, giving me another hug and sympathetic smile.

"C'mon, I'm gonna take your mind off of that loser, let's go have some fun!"

Wc: 1061

Song: Why Did The Chicken Cross the Road?

Oof the song suggestion sucks but I could care less lol 💙