(21)

Dream POV:
"Kick higher George!" I encouraged, blocking his kick with my forearm.

"That's as high as I can go!" George whined.

"I know you can do better than that, c'mon!" I said louder, hoping that would get him riled up.

He groaned and kicked up again, faster than I could block, I groaned as his kick landed on the side of my head. I recovered quickly and looked at him with shock under my mask.

"Oh my God! Dream I'm so sorry I didn't mean to actually hit you!" George scrambled to apologize as his voice shook with nervousness.

"George! Shut up! That was amazing!" I exclaimed, hugging him.

As soon as he hugged back, I pressed my revolver to his temple, smirking as he tensed under my hold.

"Bang," I whispered, pulling away and putting my revolver back in its respectful position in my holster.

"Dream what the hell!?" George snapped.

"Never let your guard down, ever," I said sternly.

George rolled his eyes and got back into a defensive position. "You're a dick, I hope you know that."

"Oh I'm fully aware my love," I said cockily.

He threw a punch, I caught it with ease, he threw another, which I also caught, thinking I had him I smirked and got close.

"Ready to give up, baby?" I cooed.

"Not yet," he smirked, I was confused, but my confusion had quickly turned to pain.

He had used my hands holding his to his advantage, and lifted himself into the air and kneeing my jaw, sending me to the floor.

I looked up as he held his own pistol to my head, smirking at me.

"Bang," he sneered.

"Fucking hell. Where did you learn that from?" I asked, taking his hand as he pulled me up.

"Self taught," George said confidently. "I had absolutely no idea if that would work or not."

I laughed. We had been practicing for the past week we've been here. He has been doing much better each day, and he hasn't been practicing with just me. With Sapnap and Karl too.

Sapnap agreed to teach him how to shoot, while Karl was teaching him how to shoot while moving and on the back of a horse, while I have been teaching him hand to hand combat and self defense. He has been learning more and more each passing day, and i honestly could not be more proud.

"Georgie," i said, grabbing his hand.

"Yes, Dream?" He turned to me, smiling warmly.

"I'm proud of you," i said, hugging him tight against me.

"Hey! George! Wanna go elk hunting?" A voice called.

We looked over and saw Anne, ah yes, the Anne situation. They have been getting along, but George had been very cautious, which I think pisses Anne off. George refuses to be in a room alone with her, I or one of the others has to be in there with them otherwise he refuses to be in there.

I understand but I think he's taking his fears a bit too far. She hasn't done anything that has ever caused me to question her actions. But I haven't pushed George to spend more time with her either.

"I have to train today, remember?" George said.

"But you've been training every day! You need a break! C'mon, just you and me!" Anne encouraged, obviously excited.

"I don't know, my shot on the back of Auburn still isn't very good, maybe another day," George said.

Anne looked frustrated and walked almost stomping away without another word, her long brunette hair flicking behind her in the wind.

"George, hon, I think you're being overly cautious, your shot is great on Auburn," I said, grabbing his hand.

"I know. I just can't trust her. Not yet,"George said, grabbing his hunters knife and his sharpener, starting to grind the blade against it.

"George, you're not giving her a chance to prove herself worthy of your trust. She's your sister, George, not your dad," I said softly.

"You think I don't know that?" George challenged, not taking his eyes off the blade.

"That's not what I meant," I started.

"Then what did you mean? That I have to trust her right away because she's family?" George snarled, tearing his eyes away from the silver. "I'm trying to trust her, Dream! But I can't! I have been manipulated far too many times by my own father to trust her!"

"George, listen to me. I didn't say you had to trust her right away, take a deep breath, calm down," I said firmly, getting annoyed with his anger.

"I think you're trusting her too quickly! If she's related to my father, she'll know how to get in my head! So yeah, I don't know if I can trust her, and since you're so worked up about it, how about you go hunting with her!" George yelled, getting in my face.

I glared at him through my mask. I had a feeling he knew what look I was giving him as he was mirroring it. I took a breath and grabbed his hand, squeezing gently.

"Love. Let's take a breath, and talk. Not yell. Not scream. Talk," I said in a soft tone, hoping that it would calm him down. My efforts to calm him ended in my favor as I saw him take a breath.

"Okay," George whispered.

"Look. I understand your frustration. And I understand your worry. But I really think you should give her a chance to prove herself. It doesn't have to be now. But she really wants to know you, talk to you, I've seen the way she looks at you, she wants to be your older sister," I encouraged, squeezing his hand once more.

"I'm scared, so so scared," George whimpered.

"I know lovely, but I can tell you this, she is nothing like her father. She's like you," I said, lifting my mask to kiss his hand.

"You've been talking to her?" He asked.

"She asked me why you didn't want to talk to her alone. So I explained some of it, not all, it's not my place to tell her your story," I said softly.

"Oh," George mumbled.

The silence after that was quickly broken by a loud wheeze, he looked at me confused as I laughed.

"What? What's so funny?" He asked clueless.

Honestly it wasn't really that funny, it was just the way he said "Oh," got me, he sounded so sad, but in the funniest way.

"Th-the way you said "Oh,"" I laughed out.

"Shut up!" He yelled.

I just laughed harder as he slapped me.

Wc: 1107

Song: model busses

Brooooo it's my birthday
Ew.
I'm 16.
Gross.

𝕊𝕠𝕝💙