You Need Strong Arms To Pull A Bow

I may or may not have just realized that Outriders are ARCHER scouts. I had (Y/N) use a sword this entire time whoops!

A bow and arrow isn't an uncommon tool to be seen. Wheter it be for sport, hunting, or fighting, it's a safe bet for one to know their way with it. With practice of one's flexibility and aim, it can become a very practical weapon.

And mastery of this tool is one of the skills an Outrider learns.

"That said, I completely forgot about it and still use a sword until now..." You scratched your head in sigh.

"Hey, that's the point of training!" Amber said trying to cheer you up. "Besides, knowing how to use two different weapons can be useful too."

The two of you stood at the training area behind the Knights of Favonius headquarters. Instead of wooden dummies, Amber had plastered a target on the walls around it. You were in a reasonable range away from it to practice with your current skill.

At the very least you knew how to use a bow... Just not properly. The bow they used in the games in Windblume were more simple and light. But wielding a proper recurve bow, its definitely a different experience.

... But come to think of it. Doesn't arhcery training lead to some very exciting experiences? Sure the usual gender roles are switched but doesn't the instructor stand right behind you with their hands guiding yours?

"Hey (Y/N)! You ready to start?" Amber, your instructor, enthusiastically handed you a bow and asked.

"Yes!" You eagerly took the bow and matched her excitement.

"Ohh I like your attitude! Heheh you'll get the hang of this in no time!"

The training began. You took an anticipating breath, looking over to the target and held your bow. Awaiting for Amber's instructions.

"Alright (Y/N)... So just follow this position and do your best to shoot.!"

Amber was standing a good few meters away from you. Holding her own bow she stood still while pulling the bowstring back. She let you observe her positioning so you could copy it.

You blankly looked at her and nodded. Replying in a less energetic voice "Oh alright, I guess..."

"Somehow it feels like your enthusiasm went away there." Amber remarked.

You did your best to properly wield the bow. You grabbed an arrow and nocked it. Raising the bow so that the end of the arrow would point at the target from your eye level. You pulled the bow back and let go. The arrow shoots in a weaker momentum than you had wished. It curves down and falls to bottom of the wall beneath the target.

"Oh." You disheartenedly sighed.

"Hmm..." Amber took note of everything she'd saw and nodded to herself. "Alright let's try that again!"

She went towards your back and let you back on the aiming position you just did. But this time she tried to make some adjustments. She raised the general level of your arms, straightening it better too.

As she helped you steady by holding on to the hand that was holding the bowhand she instructed. "Pull the string back until it reaches the far corner of your mouth."

You did as instructed and, as excited as you were now, did your best to focus on the task at hand. Before Amber gave you the signal to let go and shoot she whispered something to your ear.

" You were hoping for something like this weren't you?" She slightly giggled before signalling you to shoot.

A bit taken aback by her remark you still managed to shoot properly and have the arrow actually land inside the target.

You sighed and looked back at her a bit red in the face. She only looks at you with a teasing smirk.

"Come on (Y/N), we're training. You gotta focus." She said still snickering.

"Of course I am! I don't know what you're talking about..." You tried to deny any implications.

"Oh is that so? Well since I've already shown you the proper way to do it. I'm sure you can do it by yourself now, so I'll be less hands on." She moved back and did a thumbs up still grinning.

You rolled your eyes and pouted as the two of you continued doing some excercises in archery. Amber had alot planned ahead, as each one was different but still somehow helped in your practice to getting used to a bow. You went from shooting stationary wooden targets to gliding down a far drop and shooting some floating targets.

•••••

You sat down exhausted. Taking a long swig of water after doing all this stuff from morning to afternoon. Amber doesn't ease up when it comes to training. And your glad she still takes it seriously even after you started dating.

"Great work today. Soon you'll be as good as me." She smiled.

"I forsee arching arms tomorrow." You chuckled as you massaged around your arms. Bows are definitely heavier than one would expect.

"Don't worry, if you don't slack off, your body will get used to it eventually. Just like mine!" Amber playfully flexed her arms.

You stared at her with a smile. A thought coming into your head as you did. Thinking about how long she's been using a bow, you couldn't help but be a bit curious.

"Hey Amber can you hug me?"

The Outrider's eyes widened in surprised and she smiled. "Huh, right now? Why?"

"Come on..." You opened up your arms and pleaded with your face.

Amber looks around for a bit before she gave in and walked into your arms. She wrapped hers around your neck as shr gave you a tight hug.

"Hmph, I suppose since you've been working hard I'll let you have this one."

Instead of hugging back though, you raised your hands and put them on her biceps, coping a feel.

You never noticed it before but her arms are definitely very toned.

"What are you doing?" Amber's voice was directly on your ear.

"I was just realizing how much muscles you have." You answered honestly.

"Geez. You didn't have to hug to see that." She says but showed no signs of separating herself from you.

"Ah well I also wanted a hug." You stopped rubbing her biceps and wrapped your arms around her instead. Earning a slight giggle from your girlfriend.

Her hugs are tight and firm yet full of affection.

"I can't believe my girlfriend is more muscular than me though." You laugh.

"Come on, you don't have to feel insecure about that." She nuzzled into your neck.

"I'm not... It kinds gets me excited even." You joked.

Amber lightly slaps your back. "Hmph, pervert."

The two of you stayed like that for a little bit longer.

•••••

I spent building up to this relationship longer than intented. So I'm just gonna make chapters of you two flirting now.