This Is All A Scheme

"Ohh hey there, Amber. How about we train together again?"

Though as anyone would have expected. As Amber left the KoF headquarters there he was waiting around the area. Troy, with a hand dragging along his faded haircut, once again called out to Amber.

"Oh, ah sorry Troy. I already have plans with (Y/N)." Amber frowned apologetically.

It was something that Troy was expecting. But he kept pushing himself in.

"Oh well, maybe I can join you and your 'boyfriend'. You see, I'm not so confident in my gliding yet. I'd just love if you were there... to guide me."

"Troy, that's not it. We aren't going to train. You see a traveler we know just told us that a Liyue Chef, Xiangling was in Springvale! We wanted to check out and try some of her dishes!"

"... Eh? But the gliding championship is almost here!" Troy seemed surprised.

" Haha, well it's fine to take a break every once in awhile." Amber giggled. " Well I got to go, see you. "

Troy just stood there while he kept his gaze over to Amber as she walked off. He scratches his head in annoyance, grumbling to himself as his legs begin to follow the Outrider. It wasn't until the gate when you and Amber met.

"(Y/N)!" Amber jumped and hugged you from behind.

"H-hey! You ready to go?" You say.

"Mhm! I skipped out on lunch just for tonight!"

Her own cheerful voice would be heard from even where he loomed. A deadpan stare through the back of your head that was as sharp as a sword. His fist held the edge of the wall tightly.

"I've been observing this (Y/N) for awhile. And so far I don't get it! This guy's average at everything! He does his job as an Outrider, but that's it! Nothing flashy, nothing unique, and it's not like he has a vision either! So why-"

"What the hell does Amber see in him?" Troy ended up muttering outloud.

This little complaint managed to reach the ears of two passing knights. Everyone's favorite: Frank and Hans. They both looked back at the looming figure that was hiding in the street corner and looked at him weirdly.

"As much as I would like to know too..." Frank pondered if he should take the suspicious person in. "... Who are you?"

"Huh, a former Outrider member..." Hans nodded. "Well, as much as you find it odd, I really think you shouldn't try to split them up or anything."

"Yeah yeah, those two are a bunch of annoying lovebirds." Frank intensely agreed.

"Ugh why is it with him? He's way too plain looking! And I'm definitely more attractive, smart and taller!" Troy began to ruffle his hair.

"As hypocritical it'll be as the character that complains about relationships. I kind of want to deck this man." Frank groaned.

"Yeah, and it's mostly because they're both outriders that they have an excuse of being around each other. It's less that he's special, they just been through a lot together."

"Seriously...?" Troy clicked his tongue. Walking off from the two knights as his temper began to escape him.

"The little Outrider muse was left alone for years. Of course she'd fumble down and settle for him. He just got here first. Just because he became an Outrider"

As it became later in the evening, Troy was still hanging around the marketplace brooding. He only waited for the two Outriders to return. And when he saw them finally arrive, he smirked and approached.