A Passion That Makes You Restless

We're in the endgame now.

•••••

You watched as Amber paced around the hall. Her giddiness did not allow her to stay still even for a second. Her eyes would occasionally turn towards the Acting Grandmaster's office. Especially so when she hears a door open, a shred of disappointment would come when she realizes it was of the other doors. And after awhile, her patience have finally been rewarded when two people left the room.

"Well it will be a pleasure to work with you Knights of Favonious this year as well-" A rather well dressed man was greeting the Acting Grandmaster off before Amber ran.

"IS IT HAPPENING?" The Outrider excitedly shouted.

The man looked at Jean with an amused smirk. The Acting Grandmaster just sighing a smile.

"Well Amber, I wish you good luck on the next gliding championship."

•••••

"Let's goooooo!" Amber ran out with arms stretching as she made circles around the plaza. She stopped at the cemented walls that stopped people from falling into the lake, and completely ignoring it by climbing on it.

"Amber! C-calm down! You still have a week till it happens!" You try to reason with her while being out of breath trying to catch up to her.

"Hmph, there's no point. She is an unstoppable force during this time of year." Eula told you as she passed by. She seemed to be on her way out to a mission.

"I'm guessing you're not gonna stay around and help her train?" You asked the knight.

"I am not crazy. There's a reason why I took a week long reconnaissance mission." Eula seems to suddenly have her energy drained. "But I'll be back for the actual event to cheer her on at least... Good luck."

You get nervous when she ominously told you. As if Amber during championship time was a force to be reckoned with.

"Hey (Y/N)! Come on! Let's practice our gliding skills!" Amber ran up to you with a huge smile. "Hehe, I hope I don't get rusty."

"You literally glide everyday. I don't think that's possible." You chuckled as you prepared your glider.

It didn't take that much time for you to understand what Eula meant. Amber was training herself, and it's not like she was forcing herself to do some gliding courses. Her enthusiasm and drive for the activty was so overwhelming. You tried to keep up with her, but she glided and glided, from that moment on until it was already dark out.

Its amazing how much energy she had than usual. It was definitely more than just adrenaline from her excitement at this point. She truly was passionate with what she wanted to do. You'd be surprise if there was even anyone else that could match up to it.

You had to drop out and catch your breath mid way through. But you still had the pleasure of watching her go through everything again and again. When it was time to go home, you had already cooked a bigger meal to match the exercise the two of you did. And you were out cold the moment you reached the bed.

However Amber couldn't still help but want to glide. She restlessly fidgeted on the bed, so much so that you had to grab her into an embrace to more of keep her from moving.Yet her body still had limits, being unmoving she gave in and so she fell asleep rather quickly too.

•••••

Well at least until the crack of dawn. The sun wasn't out but Amber had woken up, she felt fully rested. Since the two of you hit the hay right after dinner she had a proper 8 hour rest anyway. She looked at her side to see you still knocked out. She carefully got up from bed, trying het best not to wake you.

She quickly got out of her pajamas and into a more exercising attire. She stretched lightly and warmed up inside the room. Tip toeing to you and planting a kiss on your sleeping head before she headed out.

The cooler temperature of the early breeze struck a chill through Amber's back. She thanked herself for wearing a more covering outfit for today. But just in case, she grabbed a scarf you had and wrapped it around her neck for some warmth. She tested out and it was enough to give her a fighting chance against the cold.

She quickly went on and skipped through the empty streets. Her glider already ready to deploy behind her. There wasn't that many people besides a knight or two in patrol. So she didn't really mind looking a bit silly. As she reached the gates she heard someone call out.

"You know, it's dangerous for such a pretty girl to be out this early."

Amber turned around to where the voice came from. She gasps.

•••••

Your groan as you wake up, stretching your arms upward. Your yawn stopping you from fully opening your eyes. As you let your hands fall back down, you twist your body towards your side. Planning to hug Amber good morning. However, all you could feel was a soft kind of furry surface. Opening your eyes you are greeted by Baron Bunny's derpy face. Though as much as it was made to look like, it definitely wasn't Amber.

You got up, and looked around. Calling her by name, but there wasn't really any reply. You sighed. Knowing that she probably already went out to train again. You snicker to yourself as you got out of bed.

"Well I guess I'll just make breakfast till she returns." You spoke to no one in particular and headed out to the kitchen.

•••••

You rested your head on the dining table sighing. Looking back at the clock you wondered where she was. It's almost time for the shift and she isn't back yet. The food you cooked wasn't warm anymore, you probably needed to reheat it when she'd get back. If she does.

It could either mean that she's really using all her free time to train and plans on heading straight to the headquarters when its time... Or something happened. Now hopefully the latter isn't it, and she's capable enough to handle anything. So instead of worrying you took out a lunchbox to pack it up and bring it with you if it turned out to be the former.

But just before you could begin to pack, you and finally heard her voice from outside. She was laughing.

"Alright! I'll see you later!" You hear her say before hearing her steps till she eventually reached the door.

She came back in a smiled. "Oh Hey! sorry I'm late! I got too caught up in gliding again..."

"Ahh it's fine, didn't expect anything less. Come on, let's have breakfast." You put away the lunchboxes and instead served the food.

Amber washed her hands and went to the table. "Mmm~ I'm starving!"

As you began to ate Amber quickly chewed and swallowed before speaking again.

"Hey hey guess what?" She said rather excitedly. "One of the former Outrider is in town for the gliding championship!"

"Eh seriously? Someone close to your old man?"

"Hmm... Well not really that close. He was one of more last recruits. He still managed to become an Outrider with me, but since he was my age and quit, he probably isn't as experienced."

Somehow when she described him your hand flinched causing you to drop the spoon you were holding.

"O-oh, is that so?" You awkwardly smiled. "I'm guessing you pulled him into training with you?"

"Hey! I won't force anyone to come with me!" She pouted and kicked your leg from beneath the table. "He was the one that asked to join me anyway. We made plans so you don't have to wear yourself off training with me... "

"Mm, that so?" You just nodded and smiled at her.

You don't really know how to feel. But it's probably irrational to feel anything right now. Of course she'd be happy to meet an old friend. It's not like you'd stop her from that.

You look back at her smiling face as she ate. You only sighed.

Well, as long as she's happy.