Push Me Off The Edge

This drawing isn't appropriate for the chapter at all lmao. But neither are the remaining ones and I already drew it so it'd be a waste.

•••••

"Man this sucks."

You let out a tired sighed. Sitting in one of the small walls the paths had. You tried to calm yourself down by listening to the bustling waters of the waterfall but Troy's voice would echo in your head and further agitate you.

Seeing as it wasn't helping at all, you gave up with a groan a jumped off. As you were about to leave you noticed a pair of kids staring at you. They seemed to want something but were hesitant in approaching. You decide to help them out by coming to them instead.

"Can I help you?" You asked, bending to their eye level.

The pair looked at each other before one of them decided to speak. "Uhm, hey big bro... You came with the big sis with the red bow right?"

"Uhm yes? Why?" You looked quizcally at them.

"Ah, we saw her climb up Wuwang Hill and she hasn't come back so-"

"She might have been taken by ghost!"

Before the kid could finish, the other one shouted in panic. The both of them nodded and were clearly worried. But-

"Ghost? W-What do you mean?"

"Wuwang hill is a scary place full of ghost! Grandma would tell us that if we stay out too late, the spirits would come from there and drags us in and never come back!"

"That's scary! I had no idea" You said in your mind. Though you were a bit skeptical if what they said was true.

"Now now, kids what are you doing bothering him." Someone called out, it seemed like their mother. "I'm so sorry, you see that's what we tell the children so they come home before dark."

"Ah no it's fine. I figured that was the case anyway." You chuckled.

"Although I am worried myself too. Spirits aside, it's not like Wuwang hill is an exception to Hilichurls and other monsters."

You softly smiled at her and then to the children. "You don't have to worry. That Big sis is actually really strong, I'm sure even ghost would have no chance against her."

The children gleamed. "Hey hey big bro, we heard you and her and knights from Mondstadt is that true?"

"Mhm, were actually Outriders. We fight monsters and bad guys everyday."

The children were in awe and had planned to barge you with questions if it weren't for their mother telling them to go home already. You waved each other goodbye, the little interaction making you forget about earlier and cheered you up a bit.

You looked up at the hill that they mentioned. From up here it already does look creepy, especially at this hour. What you said about Amber wasn't a lie, I'm sure if there was a Hilichurl or two she'd be able to handle it. But knowing her mental state...

"I am a little worried..." You grumbled as you make your way up the hill.

•••••

Amber sat near the edge of Wuwang hill. A large lake below her that had some mysterious aura to it, but she had been to preoccupied with her thoughts to question it. Baron bunny stood in between her, wrapping its paws around her as if in some sort of hug. Amber sniffles, after crying so much she finally thought she'd run out of tears.