Vengeance Is Sweet

The next day, the team continued off early. As foggy and even colder the mornings of Dragonspine are, you all still had to press on forward to continue the mission.

     "I can barely see anything in this fog! What are we even looking for and how are we supposed to find it?" Hans asked.

    "Dragonspine has a elaborate cavern within the mountain. As little activity there is on the outside, inside is a hotspot of monsters." Albedo explained as he was leading the way. "If we just stick to the walls of the mountain, we'll eventually find an opening."

     The formation of the team had Albedo, the one that was most familiar with the mountain, followed by Eula. Frank and Hans walked side by side and Bennet right behind them. You got the tail of the formation.

    You lit up a torch. It would be a good enough fire source that was portable. It also acted as a slight light source to trek the mountains. You had Bennet hold it, taking his misfortune into account. If something ever happens you'd at least know where he'd be thanks to the light.

    But of course the universe really has to make it bad for the poor dude.

    The flame from the torch resonated with Bennett's vision. Making it become a bit more durable, stronger, and much more hotter.

    You who was walking right before him noticed how the snow you stepped on felt more... Thawed. It felt a bit watery like it melted. You didn't pay this that much concern until you started hearing cracks. You notice the ground shake. The place beneath Bennett's feet begin to crack.

     "Bennett!" You shouted.

   You were about to run over to push him aside but the moment you took a step towards him you felt your feet sink. Followed by a crack you began to fall to a hole before you could even process it.

    "(Y/N)!" You heard them scream.

     It wasn't just some small pit, you found youself falling a great height. You looked down to see an underground cave system. It was big and hollow, with rising interections of ground working as a pathway.

     Just beneath you was a clear pointy rocks. Your heart skipped, you might actually die now. But through your panic you remember your glider. You pulled it out and the wings spread. Jerking you a bit as the momentum of your fall halts.

    You sigh, thinking you were safe. But you hear a crash from above. The hole you fell onto had falling debri going straight for you.

    You tried to guide your glider away from the falling rocks but it would be too slow. Just as one is about to hit you straight in the head, it broke and split into pieces. From the scattering pieces you see someone coming down. They grab you and throw you over to a safer ground.

     It admittedly wasn't the softest of landings, as you found your head deep inside the snow. You groaned.

     "Are you hurt?" Eula asked as they landed at your side.

     "No... The snow broke my fall." You replied, getting your head off the cold. She helps you up but seeing her face  reminded you of her glares that you'd assume she was doing it again. "I'm sorry... I should have been more careful."

    "Well you did disrupt our search, and I would have listed you for my future vengeances... But you're alive and you've taken us to where we needed to go."

    You looked over and had another look at the cave. This is in fact what Albedo was taking about. You even spy a few Hilichurls around from far away.