As My Soul Departs

After falling into the river. You and Amber shivered as the cold midnight air breezed through your clothes. It was probably best to dry off for a bit before taking the trip back to the village.

Amber lights up a small campfire. You take a few branches and set it up close to the flame. Taking your and Amber's hood that had been soaked and hanging it to dry. You crouched near the fire and pointed a finger to it that was parallel to the clothes. Your new vision glowed slightly as a breeze began to form from you. Swirling with the flame, a warm air begins to hit the clothes.

"This thing is really convenient." You chuckled as you fidgeted with the small stone in your hand.

You turn to look at Amber who had crawled up and sat on the ground. Her back on a tree as she seemed to be with her thoughts again. Her eyes flickered towards you and you gave her a smile. She smiles back weakly before looking back at the ground.

"Hey..." Amber called out. "I'm sorry about... Earlier. I didn't mean to push you away."

"Don't apologize for that." You walked over and pat her head. "You did nothing wrong. Anyone would be a bit distorted when they find out a loved one had passed away. I completely understand if you want some time alone, you can take as long as you need. I'll be right here waiting."

You sat next to her, giving an understanding look as she continues to frown. She shifts herself over to lean on you. Her hand takes yours as she puts her face on your shoulder.

"Actually... Would it be okay if you stayed." She said.

"Of course."

As the blaze from the fire cackle, the two of you sat there in its warmth. Amber was unmoving, her slow and steady breathes were the only thing there as she sat in silence. You don't know how long she needs, but you are ready to stay with her for as long as she needs. Her arms wrap around yours like a silent 'thank you' and you reply with a kiss on her head.

Though the silence that you two shared that night was suddenly disturbed. As a sudden rustling of bushes nearby disrupts the eerie silence of Wuwang hill. The two of you turn over to where the noise came from, squinting to the darkness. It took a minute to finally spot an area of the bushes. You exchange a look with Amber before you stood up and slowly approached it. Could it be just be a boar? A wolf? Hilichurl? Or could the rumors of this forest being haunted be true? Goosebumps cause your hairs to stand, now realizing that approaching the creepy moving object is probably a stupid idea.

Just as you were about to run with your tail between your leg. It stopped. Its eerie halt caused you to freeze. As if another step would cause something to jump out and... You can't even imagine what would happen. A swift sound from behind, like something ran passed you, caused you to turn around. You were met with a confused Amber who was startled by your turn. You gulped down a chunk of saliva that built up in your mouth. But you suddenly felt it.

A tap on your shoulder...

In startlement you ended up quickly turning towards it. Only to be met by a weird kind of derpy face:

 Only to be met by a weird kind of derpy face: