Act One- My Second Birthday

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

My second birthday went much better than my first one, mostly because I could run around and speak.

I was a terror; toddling around in between people's legs with an energy much greater than most small children do, screeching as I wobbled around.

"Tia!" I screamed, running straight into her legs. "Tia, Tia, up!"

I was surprised to find out I had Aunts and Uncles in this new life since they were never mentioned in Canon, but I probably shouldn't have; I've never met any Latino family that doesn't have a family reunion of at least 100 people- my old and new one included.

Tia Penelope and Tio Luiz had recently moved to the US, apparently trying to escape their own Tia's clutches. Tia Penelope was only a year older than Mãe, and recently married Tio Luiz, so she was pretty cool.

I'm slowly getting a better picture of Mãe's family and life before me. She went to live with her Tio while her siblings- Penelope, Gloria, Eduarda- went to live with their Tia Maria. Mãe was also apparently the baby of the family, and both the disappointment and the model just for having me at 18 but also being an American citizen. Which, mood. I had 7 great-aunts and uncles, and way too many cousins.

Tia picked me and settled me on her hip, "How's minha pequeña princesa?" (How's my little princess?)

I squealed and giggled as she tickled me. Tia Penelope is the best!

Mãe has been smiling way more often now that her sister is here, and laughed easier too.

"Quem quer bolo?" Mãe called, emerging from the kitchen with a large plate of coconut cake. (Who wants cake?)

Tio Luiz followed her out with a tray of Brigadeiros. "Não, obrigado,
não estou dividindo, este prato inteiro é meu!" He teased with a smile. (No thanks, I'm not sharing, this whole plate is mine!)

I screeched in outrage, "No! No! Meu!" I protested to his amusement. (Mine!)

Tia chuckles, patting my head. "Don't worry, princesa! I'll save your precious Brigadeiros!" She winks, setting me down.

I giggled as she and Tio fought over the tray, only stopping when she kissed him and took that opportunity to snatch it from his hands.

I love my family!