Act One- Vacay!

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

I never thought I'd go on a cruise ship.

Mãe was having a tough time at work, juggling a too-smart toddler and three jobs alongside night school. One night when I was up when I shouldn't be, I could feel the sea and hear a man's voice coming from Mãe's room- I was too nervous to go see my Pai, but the next morning Mãe was holding a pair of cruise tickets and telling me that we're going to visit family in Brasil for a while.

It doesn't take a fucking genius to figure out what happened.

So here we are, boarding a cruise ship to São Paulo, going to meet family.

I'm so fucking pumped!

Four years old and going to my home country, wack. I never thought I'd go back after my Vovó died in my last life, my parents didn't have any reason to go back again and I never lived long enough to go visit once I was independent. This is surreal to me. Especially with the fact that this is technically my 'first time' seeing Brasil.

I wonder if people are still going to think I sound Carioca? That'll be hard to explain.

Mãe hitched me higher on her hip, pulling the suitcase behind her.

"-Don't go running off by yourself, don't jump off the boat, don't talk to the dolphins-"

Mãe has been giving me a list of 'Don'ts' for the trip, and I've got no shame to say that I haven't been paying attention. Hey, a toddler may need to know this, but I'm an adult- I know what I'm doing!

-

I don't know what I'm doing.

I found an onboard aquarium, got lost in it, and now I'm just chatting up a Tiger Shark.

"-So I was sitting there, BBQ sauce on my tiddies, and-"

"Ophelia!" Mãe yelled, running over to scoop me up. "I've been looking for you everywhere! How did you escape the daycare workers?"

I gave her the most innocent look I could muster, and said sweetly, "I made a friend!"

Mãe looked between me and the shark.

"New rule: no talking to sharks." She narrowed her eyes on the shark. "And you, don't talk to my daughter."

Is she really telling the shark off? Joe didn't do anything, I annoyed him and refused to let him leave is a more accurate description of our friendship.

"Mãe, can I not go back to daycare?" I drew her attention, "A boy tried to cortar my cabello!" (cut, hair)

Mãe sighed. "I'll ask if they can split you up. But Mamãe needs time to herself, tabom?" (okay?)

I nodded.

Hopefully there will be less snot-nosed babies in my future.