Act Two- 'Killer Quest', 'Lost!' and 'Drive' are now stuck in my head.

Disclaimer: The world of Percy Jackson, its characters and settings are the copyrighted works of Rick Riordan and his publishing companies and affiliates. No profit was made from the writing of this story nor was any malice intended in any way, shape or form to the author or the actors/actresses who so brilliantly have brought them to life.This author is not responsible for underage readers. Please observe the ratings, warnings, and age of legal consent for your country.

It didn't take me very long to pack.

I only removed everything that was already in my backpack, then added basic toiletries, a spare change of clothes and my drink bottle. I knew that in Canon, Percy lost his stuff on the first day, and I'm not planning to lose all my things as he did. I tucked my locket, now containing an old photo of Pai and Mãe, into my shirt. Lastly, I reached for Riptide, which had shifted into a pretty pearl hairclip after Capture the Flag (Why? Make up your mind you strange thing!) and put it in my braid.

The camp store loaned me one hundred dollars in mortal money and twenty golden drachmas. These coins were as big as Girl Scout cookies and had images of various Greek gods stamped on one side and the Empire State Building on the other. The ancient mortal drachmas had been silver, Chiron told us, but Olympians never used less than pure gold. Chiron said the coins might come in handy for non-mortal transactions- whatever that meant.

As far as I'm concerned, something that's basically solid gold can be used almost anytime, anywhere. Of course, it's a last resort thing, but the option is there and I have something to fall back to in case things go past hell and into Tartarus.

Happy thoughts, Ophelia, happy thoughts.

Chiron had also given Annabeth and me each a canteen of nectar and a zip-lock bag full of ambrosia squares to be used only in emergencies if we were seriously hurt. It was the food of gods, he reminded us. It would cure us of almost any injury, but it was lethal to mortals. Too much of it would make a half-blood very, very feverish. An overdose would burn us up, literally.

Assassination technique, confirmed? Yeah, probably.

Annabeth was bringing her magic Yankees cap, which she told me had been a twelfth-birthday present from her mom. She carried a book on famous classical architecture, written in Ancient Greek, to read when she got bored, and a long bronze knife, hidden in her shirt sleeve. The adult part of me was screaming incoherently about small children with knives. No part of that sentence is in any way acceptable.

Luke was bringing a pair of winged shoes that made me flinch every time I saw them. He was carrying multiple hidden weapons, from a pair of throwing in knives in his boots, to a shield that shifts into a belt. His bag was a bit more full than ours, but I was guessing that was because he knew more than us about useful items on quests.

We said our goodbyes to the other campers, and I was surprised at how my friends showed up to wave me goodbye. Katie gave me a strong hug and promised to look after my potted plants, Kassandri practically tackled me in a hug of multi-coloured hair, Travis and Conner snuck me a few stolen snacks in their goodbye hug, and Drew - the absolute sweetheart - gave me a warm jacket. "For those cold nights!" she beamed while also handing over and a scarf that was long enough for me to wrap around my head. "To protect those lovely curls of yours." I nearly cried in thanks.

We waved goodbye to the other campers, took one last look at the strawberry fields, the ocean, and the Big House, then hiked up Half-Blood Hill to the tall pine tree that used to be Thalia, daughter of Zeus.

Well, the tree is still Thalia, but I don't think she'd appreciate it if I counted her tree years.

Chiron was waiting for us in his wheelchair. Next to him stood the surfer dude I'd seen when I was recovering in the sick room. According to Grover, the guy was the camp's head of security. He supposedly had eyes all over his body so he could never be surprised. Today, though, he was wearing a chauffeur's uniform, so I could only see extra peepers on his hands, face and neck.